Celebrated WT scholars? :)

by Augustin 184 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Forscher
  • Forscher
    Forscher
    If Furuli is as you acknowledge qualified to read the documents then pray tell where does this leave the amateur Jonsson who is not a scholar, not a academic and is unskilled in any of the ancient languages. Why is it that you listen to a amateur Jonsson when you should at least give a professional, Furuli a fair go? I am well qualified to give opinions on such matters as I have earnt undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Religious Studies.

scholar JW

Nowhere in my comments have I written I do. What I have written is that all I have to go on are the comments of those who have the qualification. And the one evaluation I have at this point by one so qualified backs Jonsson and not Furuli. you say you have degrees in Religious Studies. But do you have a degree in the specific field of semitic history which would qualify you to authoritatively make those judgements? If you do, and you can arrange for a way to verify such a degree (perhaps somebody you can trust on this forum to verify it and preserve your anonymity), then I'll be glad to give your opinion the weight it deserves.
    I don't really have an opinion on Jonsson one way or the other. The only reason I entered this thread was to give you the opnioon of an outsider that Alan was handing you your guts for garters. That opinion I can give. If you check around the forum you'll find out that there is no love lost between Alan and I. So when I come in and state the obvious in his favor, you might want to think about it a bit and construct better arguements. But if you want to continue to make an ass of yourself, be my guest.
    Bon apetit Alan!!
    Forscher

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ozzie:

When we meet with scholar in the (Moore College) library

Is anyone taking bets that he won't turn up?

Ian

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dansk:

I'm really curious about his claims of frequenting that place. Y'see it's the main theological college for the Anglican Church and, along with the Sydney Diocese, is renowned for influencing the evangelicals.

It should be interewsting....especially to have the elders there too!

Cheers, Ozzie

• AlanF
    AlanF

Despite his protestions, methinks Leolaia's quotations have chastened scholar pretendus a bit.

AlanF

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Goodness, there's hope after all!

• AlanF
    AlanF

I don't think so, ozziepost. I suspect that scholar pretendus will go off for a little while to lick his mental wounds, gradually forget his lesson, and come back again in full force claiming he's fully vanquished all enemies of the celebrated Watchtower chronology.

AlanF

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ozzie:

I'm really curious about his claims of frequenting that place. Y'see it's the main theological college for the Anglican Church and, along with the Sydney Diocese, is renowned for influencing the evangelicals.

That's hilarious!

Ian

P.S. Could you possibly make Mike's BBQ? It'd be great to meet you!!

• toreador
    toreador

Wait...listen..... By golly, I think I hear Scholar licking his wounds and crying in his milk!

That was simply wonderful Leolalia! A very nice job of putting Scholar in his place.

Tor

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

If you are not a baptized Witness then you are an Outsider so your use of counsel in the WT publications in application to my good-self is irrelevant and I shall ignore your abuse of such information.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit