Celebrated WT scholars? :)

by Augustin 184 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toreador
    toreador

Now that was funny Kid A!

I think Scholar is having fun yanking our chains. Noone and I mean noone can be well educated and through college such as he has and be that hypocritical and not realize it.

Tor

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    As I said you are an Outsider, you have never been one of us.

What a gutless copout! Witnesses are supposed to demonstrate to 'outsiders' how closely they adhere to their tenets to 'shine as illuminators' and to not detract from their own 'message'. 'scholar' should be most ashamed of his conduct that 'outsiders' have noticed that brings disrepute on the 'christian congregation'™. But instead he pridefully flaunts his disobedience, and imagines that he is superior to 'outsiders' whom he is meant to be trying to 'save'.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

jeffro:
    I don't believe scholar is a JW, not in the normal sense of the word. anyway.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

More loving counsel for our esteemed friend:

w04 2/1 p. 9 par. 6 "Lord, Teach Us How to Pray" ***

Jehovah wants the universe to be inhabited by intelligent creatures who willingly and joyfully submit to his righteous sovereignty because they love him and love all that his name represents. (1 Chronicles 29:10-13; Psalm 8:1; 148:13) Our love for Jehovah’s name will help us to refrain from doing anything that might bring reproach upon that holy name.

*** w01 5/1 p. 19 God’s Name Cleared of Reproach ***

GOD’S Word, the Bible, says: "Maintain your conduct fine among the nations, that, in the thing in which they are speaking against you as evildoers, they may as a result of your fine works of which they are eyewitnesses glorify God in the day for his inspection." (1 Peter 2:12) True Christians, therefore, endeavor to maintain fine conduct in order to avoid bringing reproach upon Jehovah’s name.

*** w77 11/15 p. 695 par. 9 Genuine Repentance—How Is It Identified? ***

Tears may accompany expressions of true sorrow. Nonetheless, like Esau’s tears, emotional displays are not in themselves proof of repentance. By the same token, the absence of such does not necessarily mean that the erring one is unrepentant. The important thing is that the individual deeply regrets the wrong, acknowledging it as a sin against Jehovah. He would bring into question any claimed repentance if he continued to justify or excuse his actions. The individual should come to hate the wrong course, loathing it. While there may be a natural measure of embarrassment in his having become guilty of grave sin, his primary concern should be not so much with the unpleasant consequences of his wrongdoing but, rather, the reproach he brought upon Jehovah God and the congregation of his people. He should sincerely regret having damaged his relationship with the Most High.

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

I am an active JW and I am in good standing in the Christian Congregation. But more to the point what is your status? Are you a disfellowshipped person from the Christian Congragation?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

When it comes to hypocrisy, apostates exceed in bucketfuls because once they believed they had found theTrue Religion and after careful study of the Scriptures they were convinced that this was the case and then proceeded to confirm this intellectual decision by means of dedication and baptism. Now such ones because of some pitiful issues betray that intellectual and spiritual commitment and persue a course of abandonment not having found the True Religion. Such ones find themselves in spiritual darkness and spend their time opposing their former associates and allegiances. This is hypocrisy at its worst.

I care nought for your compliments because it is not in the nature of apostates to compliment others but simply to vent their anger at loyal Christians. You are to be pitied because you have found nothing and have nothing'.

scholar JW

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I am an active JW and I am in good standing in the Christian Congregation

Lol - even though you spend so much time here? Or is it a secret?

• AlanF
    AlanF

scholar pretendus goatus buggerus lamented:

: I am an active JW

I am so sorry you feel that way! Let me prescribe some morphine to ease your pain! Perhaps another lobotomy would do some good.

: and I am in good standing in the Christian Congregation.

Right. Based on your performance on this board, they most certainly view you as grossly mentally deficient and make great allowances.

: But more to the point what is your status? Are you a disfellowshipped person from the Christian Congragation?

What does Ozziepost's status with regard to the JWs have to do with the topic of this thread?

Nothing. Your mental deficiency is evident.

: When it comes to hypocrisy, apostates exceed in bucketfuls because once they believed they had found theTrue Religion and after careful study of the Scriptures they were convinced that this was the case and then proceeded to confirm this intellectual decision by means of dedication and baptism. Now such ones because of some pitiful issues betray that intellectual and spiritual commitment and persue a course of abandonment not having found the True Religion. Such ones find themselves in spiritual darkness and spend their time opposing their former associates and allegiances. This is hypocrisy at its worst.

This is a pretty good demonstration of your complete stupidity. What you've described is what people do when they find they've been hoodwinked, and change their mind about the hoodwinkers. The wankers at Watchtower headquarters have been hoodwanking people for close to 130 years now, and a large percentage of the hoodwanked have perceived the wankers and withdrawn from them as normal people do. That's called "wising up to bullshitters". Some people refer to this as "changing your mind when you get the facts." Hypocrisy, on the other hand, consists of saying you believe one thing but doing something different. This is quite different from changing your mind, because changing your mind is a consistent mental activity, whereas hypocrisy is by definition an inconsistent mental activity. When a JW finds that the Watchtower organization is not what it claims to be, and leaves because he has perceived that he has been lied to by the Watchtower Wankers in headquarters, this is quite the opposite of hypocrisy -- it is acting in accord with reality. On the other hand, when a supposedly loyal and active JW acts completely opposite to the instructions published in JW literature, that is hypocrisy. And that perfectly describes you, Oh scholar pretendus goatus buggerus. But don't get me wrong. I encourage you to keep posting because you've done far more toward teaching lurkers why they should not be JWs than anyone else I've ever come across.

: I care nought for your compliments because it is not in the nature of apostates to compliment others

Only someone as braindead as scholar pretendus could think that Jeffro's comments were other than a scathing denunciation.

: but simply to vent their anger at loyal Christians.

Loyal Christians? LOL! Loyal borgobots is more like it.

So, oh you most horny goatus buggerus, when are you going to make your attempt to refute Josephus' proof that the Jews returned in 538 B.C.? Is Rolfie not coming through?

AlanF

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    When it comes to hypocrisy, apostates exceed in bucketfuls because once they believed they had found theTrue Religion and after careful study of the Scriptures they were convinced that this was the case and then proceeded to confirm this intellectual decision by means of dedication and baptism. Now such ones because of some pitiful issues betray that intellectual and spiritual commitment and persue a course of abandonment not having found the True Religion. Such ones find themselves in spiritual darkness and spend their time opposing their former associates and allegiances. This is hypocrisy at its worst.

As is the case with most of your posts, there is a fundamental flaw in your logic. Being indoctrinated either from a young age or at a vulnerable point in one's life (which are the main reasons for people to join the religion), and being told to study information from only one source, and being explicitly told not to examine material from outside sources hardly qualifies as a "careful study" in the true sense. It is more akin to being manipulated and victimized.

On the contrary, it is when such ones make a true, much deeper, and honest "careful study" and consider all of the facts that they learn the truth about the 'truth™'. Once that is done, the only truly unhypocritical thing to do is to admit that one's former beliefs were invalid, acknowledge that it was a mistake, and rise above it.

All that those who remain can do to feel good about themselves after such a person escapes is to bandy around clichés like "spiritual darkness", "apostate", and to make dishonest assertions about the person's motivations in order to reintensify their own self-delusion.

I care nought for your compliments because it is not in the nature of apostates to compliment others but simply to vent their anger at loyal Christians. You are to be pitied because you have found nothing and have nothing'.

Again you make a weak generalization. There is of course a diverse range of people who leave your religion, so it is naturally impossible to make such claims about what is in their nature. And you still need to learn what the word 'apostate' means beyond your narrow minded JW-indoctrinated definition.

You know nothing of me, except that I can trounce your 607 doctrine, and you can offer no true responses to the issues raised. Instead, all you can do is make empty trite insults styled in JW jargon.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

scholar:

Are you a disfellowshipped person from the Christian Congragation?

As many here already are aware, I have never been disfellowshiped by a christian congregation wherever they may be.

But more to the point what is your status?

I fail to see why it's "more to the point". I don't claim anything, except Christ of course, but you are the one making the clams and counter-claims on thread after thread after thread.....

Now more to the point:

I am an active JW and I am in good standing in the Christian Congregation.

Which one would that be?

BTW are we on for next Tuesday?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit