Celebrated WT scholars? :)

by Augustin 184 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dansk
    Dansk
    A suggestion: why not give the 607 vs 587 debate a rest and focus on the soundness of its corollary. the day-for-a-year, Nebuchadnezzar eating grass for seven times, etc fantasy.?

Rapturous applause! Ian

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    A suggestion: why not give the 607 vs 587 debate a rest and focus on the soundness of its corollary. the day-for-a-year, Nebuchadnezzar eating grass for seven times, etc fantasy.?

Rapturous applause!

Yeah, I think I said as much back on page 7:

Personally I'm not overly concerned with the 607 date; in my view of greater importance is its use by the WT as a key date and it's very inventive part in the arrival at 1914 as a marked date.
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar, my dear:

Will your future postings demonstrate that you have been converted and now accept all of the teachings as set forth in the official publications of that slave class?

I think you've missed her point. Let me spell it for you: H - Y - P - O - C - R - I - S -Y

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Scholar is crushed and truly humbled by your solid and firm counsel coming from our wonderful faithful and discreet slave

I'm glad to see that you've taken the counsel to heart. This should mean that you will henceforth cease from referring to "celebrated WT scholars" or gushingly lauding their "brilliance" and genius, correct? Especially now that you know that the organization views your behavior as idolatrous (not to mention the fact that your continued willful fellowship with "apostates" on this board is also regarded as a sin). The genuineness of your repentance will be evident from your future behavior.

so does this mean that you too are humbled and will now follow the teachings and advice of that faithful slave? Will your future postings demonstrate that you have been converted and now accept all of the teachings as set forth in the official publications of that slave class?

Hey, I'm just the messenger....I do not recognize the authority of the "slave class" and do not follow their rules. I am one of the 'am ha-'arets, as far as they are concerned (a former unbaptized associate, not one of the Jehovah's Witnesses). You, on the other hand, do recognize their authority. You are baptized and you are a member in good standing. You are therefore bound to "accept all the teachings as set forth in the official publications of that slave class". And two of those teachings are: (1) JWs are not to mix their company with apostates on the internet, and (2) JWs must not indulge in offensive creature worship.

Since you agree that JWs should "accept all of the teachings" of the F&DS, and since their counsel remains regardless of whether or not I am the one who brings this to your attention, it will be interesting to see whether you obey the slave and remove yourself from this board or whether you persist in your behavior -- a willful act of rebellion against the counsel of the F&DS. The way the F&DS sees it, such rebellion is the first step to apostasy...

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

When you change your views in accordance with the Scriptures and the FDS then I will also apply the counsel outlined by you from the FDS. This will be a test of your sincerity and not hyprocisy.

scholar JW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hypocrisy, my overly enthusiastic and under-scholastic chum, means preaching one thing or advocating for one thing while practicing another. Leolaia is not being hypocritical to point out that you are picking and choosing which counsel/doctrine of the FDS to apply to yourself/belief system. However, you are being hypocritical to advocate for the adoption of FDS counsel/doctrine while refusing to apply it to yourself.

That is English.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Scholar,

I worry about you. It can't be good for the health all this mental gymnastics and denial. I really can't believe you still hold to the Witness teaching in your heart of hearts - you have read too much about it.

The Society themselves even said that "seventy years" for Tyre is symbolic in the Isaiah book - so why can't the same be true for the seventy years at Jerusalem? I have never read and answer to that one!

Slim

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    When you change your views in accordance with the Scriptures and the FDS then I will also apply the counsel outlined by you from the FDS. This will be a test of your sincerity and not hyprocisy.

LOL!!! This is precious! Neil, I already told you that the counsel still stands regardless of what I do. You are trying to shift the burden to me when I am not a baptized JW and have never been. I have clearly explained the counsel given to you by the Watchtower Society, and you have even admitted that it is "solid and firm counsel", even adding that one should "follow the teachings and advice of that faithful slave". This is precisely a test of your sincerity and your willingness to follow the organization that you claim to be following. And it doesn't require me or anyone else to validate this test of your integrity. It will all depend on what you choose to do, what your future behavior will be. Will you repent from your creature worship and fellowship with "apostates" and obey the clear counsel of the Society? Or will you continue to do what you have been doing?

That you prefer to wait before changing your ways already indicates that your intentions are insincere, for genuine repentance does not wait upon others but automatically results from "godly sorrow" from one's deeds (2 Corinthians 7:10), from a change of heart. Although you say you have been "crushed" by the realization of your sin, repenting from it apparently is contingent on other things for you.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol...It is always quite a sight to see someone impervious to life outside their blinkers be landed hook line and sinker by a lateral argument. I think perhaps it is time for you to regroup and rethink your Seventy years of personal desolation.

HS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

HS:

When we meet with scholar in the (Moore College) library, perhaps we'll be able to check more on that 70 years!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit