To my Fellow Baseball fans..........(alert Chicago Cub fan)

by whyamihere 21 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

As some may know I am a huge avid Chicago Cubs fan, mainly because my Dad's side of the family is from that area. Where are all the cub fans? As I wear my Cub apparel out in public, I get looks like I was a dying breed. Well someone has to go for them, right?

As a fan of Chicago teams, I am getting sick and tired of the always losing. My god, they can be doing so well they just throw it all away. My brothers and I get so irritated about this fact. However, I am sticking to my favorite team. My Dad he is a true Chicago fan. That's when you go completely mad and insane during half the season, give up on your team and then you become a fan of the rivals. Although, the next year you go back to a Chicago fan and do it all over again.

I was getting my nails done last night(you know to be all pretty and girlie looking) and I was watching the game. Surprised that my nails don't look like hell, since I was standing up yelling at Wood half the time. He was done by the 4th inning. WTF??? He can't play until the 7th or 8th? I am ready to throw in the towel like my Dad (ok maybe not).

Well yet another fun baseball year....I am sure Football season will be worse.

What teams do you all go for, because I am making my "who I hate" list?!

Brooke

• r51785
    r51785

Brooke, I'm a San Diego Padres fan. Could you send the Cubs back to San Diego please, cause we sure enjoyed our seven games with them this year.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Brooke, I'm a San Diego Padres fan. Could you send the Cubs back to San Diego please, cause we sure enjoyed our seven games with them this year.

LOL...that's kind of funny. Funny enough that you made it on my list...lol Glad to have some humor on the board, because that statement was kick you in the crotch fantastic. Brookie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I know for a fact how rabid you are about your sports, Brooke.

For those unfamiliar, we had a little meet up in the Chi area during the football playoffs this January. Unfortunately the Bears chose that day to call it a season, and our dear Brooke was frothing at the mouth [and not due to the beer - though that may have been a contributing factor].

We all enjoyed the spectacle sister Brooke. But I would like to have seen the nail-painting/baseball ranting session. Those nails must be a mess!

You always give me a giggle. Thanx.

Jeff

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    our dear Brooke was frothing at the mouth [and not due to the beer - though that may have been a contributing factor].

Awww Jeff, you remember(as I don't, kidding). Just to let you in on a little secret, I was behaving that day. I was very somber as to what I usually act towards a game. I am at my worse when I am sober...lol!

Now, if you all saw me at a football game, with my brothers????!!!!! For sure you may be a little petrified.

Brooke

• JH
    JH

I should go see a Cub game in Chicago when I go see you guys in Wisconsin in August.

I'll be passing through Chicago twice.

Maybe I can cheer for the visiting team... I should go there with my Montreal Expos T-shirt.. Oh yeah, our team doesn't exist anymore....

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Maybe I can cheer for the visiting team...

Well JH, congrats you made it on my list....lol.

Let me know if you do hit a game in Chicago. I might(I said I might) go to one with you. Looking at the tickets now, good games would be in July against STL 28th-30th. Maybe???? Or, watch them really lose to NYM 14th-16th(July)???? I'll have to think about when is the best time to cry. July 18th-20th ....I can watch them lose to Houston again!

Brooke

• Jourles
    Jourles

You just knew I couldn't stay away from this one.

give up on your team and then you become a fan of the rivals.

That's what the Cardinals are good for. If you can't beat em', join em.alt

Unfortunately the Bears chose that day to call it a season, and our dear Brooke was frothing at the mouth

And don't forget Jeff, she was wearing Bronco Orange that day. What a sweetheart!

Brooke, you don't need to remind me that I'm on your list. I already know I'm the #1 "apostate" on your list.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Oh my dearest and lovely brookiepooh. As your MOTHER-IN-LAW I have some good advice for you. You MUST...for your mental health and well-being...give up either the baseball or football. You see...your problem is that you get frustrated with the Packers and the Bears for the whole football season and then you don't give yourself much time to recuperate...you get right into baseball season. Thus your brain is always in overdrive and it is only a matter of time before it explodes. (Please don't let this happen at my house). I know it sounds cruel to advise you like this...but for the sake of YOUR CHILDREN AND MY GRANDCHILDREN...something has to go.

Big hug...mumsy

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I love the Cubs. I grew up not far from Chicago and Wrigley Field was my favorite summertime hangout. They broke my heart in 1984 though. I still hate that Mr. Clean capped teeth white bread mofo Steve Garvey. *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit