HEALTH IN YOUR CONGREGATION

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

wAS IT GOOD?

• jambon1
    jambon1

I believe that most witnesses are actually very unhealthy people.

Most are complaining of some malady or depression. This doesnt surprise me bacause when I was in I was deeply depressed having to live a life that I knew was wrong. This puts tremendous pressure on the mind & body.

Apart from a few who sail along unaffected, the JW lifestyle/mental outlook is negative, antisocial and ultimately depressing. For most, there is always the unique pressures that come with being a witness - unbelieving mates, family oposition, disfellowshiped sons/daughters etc etc etc.

In my old cong most people had bad health and no glint in their eye.

Im so glad Im out of it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not really. Quite a few had various ailments, including CFS, which seems somewhat common amongst jws. I had to stop pioneering because of ill health - I had a blood pressure problem that required rest. For saying they are supposedly clean - living people, in general the jws have to be one of the unhealthiest groups around.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Hobart congregation Candida, Allergies and Chronic fatigue were common. In Parramatta there were 8 people with Schitzophrenia at the one time.

• badboy
    badboy

CFS,WHAT THAT?

• jambon1
    jambon1
    CFS,WHAT THAT?

Chronic fatigue syndrome. I think a few put this on so as to take a back seat, relinquish responsibilities etc. I do believe many are legitimately effected & they have my sympathy but I`ve personally know a few people who were putting it on mainly for the reasons above. BTW - I was chronically fatigued trying to live the JW lifestyle, who wouldnt be?

• unique1
    unique1

Most people under the age of 60 in our congregations were severely overweight. Mainly, because all their free time was spent in service (we live in a rural area where you drive from house to house) and meetings, not exercising. We only had one Schizophrenic and one CFS case. There were several who were chronically depressed, I was one of them. My mom still is.

• Highlander
    Highlander

alcoholism, CFS, depression, gluttony. These were the most common among the congregation I was raised in. As for the others I've been to, I never spent enough time in each

to determine the health status.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I saw many different health ailments in my 20 years as a jw. I'd say about 75% of the congregation had some malady or another. The most common were anxiety, depression, cfs, fibromyalgia, chemical sensitivities, high blood pressure, arthritis and obesity. There also seemed to be a lot of cancer and heart disease, in young as well as old. Oh, and a few brain aneurysms.
    tall penguin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I guess it was 50/50 in my old congregation, we had a huge variety of people.

One family brought a bunch of their sickly kids to the meeting. I happened to be there at the time (to please my mother) and my children became very ill. So ill my son Jack (who's immune system isn't 100%) ended up in the hospital for 3 days and 2 nights. That was a great Doctor bill.

I think generally it is like every other group. Work, School, etc. You have your clean and nasty everywhere you go.

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit