Men and their BBQs

by Lady Lee 21 Replies latest social humour

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is so true ladies.... as I am sure you know from first-hand experience!

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine:

1. The woman buys the food; and
    2. The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, makes dessert; and
    3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
    4. Here comes the important part: THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
    5. The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery; and
    6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he
      deals with the situation.
    7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
    8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, brings them to the table; and
    9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
    10. And most important of all: Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts; and
    11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off"; and
    12. Upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women ...
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

NOW you're cookin'!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Sounds like an outstanding arrangement.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I BBQ I do it all. I love a pork rib roast done on the BBQ.

W

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dad does the ENTIRE meat-thing.

But I gotta agree on the vegetables. Myrna would put butter, fresh ground pepper, sliced potatoes, onions, carrots in to a foil container and give THAT to dad to BBQ too. Yum.

I figured BBQ's are a sneaky way to get dads in to the kitchen. There's fire and sticks.

• hubert
    hubert

You got that wrong, Lady Lee.

When I do a barbecue, I do it all..

But then, all I want to eat is a piece of meat, chicken, hamburg, hot dogs, you get the picture.

I don't care about any of the other "stuff". But, it always happens....the wife brings out the potatoes, and the daughter makes a salad, (or two) and out come the veggies, chips, drinks, (to which I already have mine) , so it's not my fault that this turns into a huge family buffet.

Of course, since everything is already cooked and is there, I might as well have some of it.

Hubert

• Forscher
    Forscher

Depends.
    Lady Forscher likes to cook BBQ just as much as I do. The baked/BBO beans that go along with it are my little speciality, so I do those if they are part of the meal. So is the cornbread if we decide to have some as well. I do cracklin cornbread from scratch and there are folks who come around if they find out I am making some. Either one of us is likely to do the meat, it depends on what mood we both are in when we decide to do it. There really are no hard and fast rules on that one.
    Lady Forscher married me in part because I can cook (shoot! She tells folks that was the BIG reason she married me!). When she was pregnant that really came in handy since she couldn't stand to cook. Since we moved into the apartments we live at we haven't done any grilling. However, they recently put in a grill for the residents and are seriously thinking about it.
    Forscher

• vitty
    vitty

My husband wanted to invite quite a few ppl to a bbc.................and was really surprised when I said NO. Ijust wasnt up to all that hard work and he said, "But its ME who will be doing it"..................yeah right

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    This is so true ladies.... as I am sure you know from first-hand experience!

I've never heard of anything so stupid lol.

You chose a baby rather than anything resembling a real man Lady Lee (let that be a lesson to ya

Real men do everything from build the bbq & oven to collect the meat, fry it's rump and clean up afterwards. Modern men love to cook

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Lee:...gotta love those scrape-down BBQs and paper plates, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit