What do you drive and why did you chose the vehicle you have?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I got my car because I had enough to pay cash for it, which was $3500 when I bought it, and I hate making payments on things.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I just traded my Hummer in for a new 3/4 ton Dodge 4WD Mega Cab. Some people think I drive this type of vehicle to compensate for my "short comings" but they are wrong. That is what the Harley is for.

• greendawn
    greendawn

i have an Opel Kadet it's 19 years old but runs beautifully it's reasonably economical (34 miles to the UK gallon, 12KM per litre) it's reliable and comfortable, so if it's old so what it gets me from A to B without any problems. I was no never keen about flash and fast cars.

• delilah
    delilah

I drive a good ol' Ford Taurus...............................................but my other car is a Hummer!!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I drive my moms old 1986 Nissan hard body truck. She started having trouble with her leg when she drove, probably due to the clutch. It is a tough old truck. We live out in the boonies so when it retires I'll go looking for another good old truck. I don't like payments either so I put money away to use cash.

We have a boneyard out back. It came with hubby when we got married. Probably about 12 vehicles out there not running. The ones running are; 1951 GMC bus, 2004 Star (Suzuki?) motorcycle, Eagle Summit, dirt bike, and my truck.

I bet I could win Jeff Foxworthys redneck yard contest.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I drive a 1998 VW Beetle - diesel. (Right now, it has a tank of bio-diesel.)

I got it because I could make my own fuel for it, if I choose to - out of vegetable oil. It also gets great fuel mileage... 47mpg city, 50+mpg hwy.

It's a fun car to drive.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Gadget
    Gadget

Between me and Claire we have 4 vehicles. I mainly drive a '97 rover metro diesel, which is battered to bits, but never lets me down, carries all the junk I neeed and still gives 60-70mpg. We've also got a '06 Mazda 2 Sakata for when we want a bit more comfort, a camper van for going away in, and a Yamaha FZR600 motorbike for having fun on.

Paul

• snarf
    snarf

I drive a 2004 potiac grand am. I love it, it is peppy, comfy and decent on gas. It is a 4 door though, I really wanted to get an eclipse, but I wanted to be a good lil witness at the time, so 4 doors were the only option. Oh well, it is a good car anyway.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I drive a 1998 VW Beetle - diesel. (Right now, it has a tank of bio-diesel.)

I got it because I could make my own fuel for it, if I choose to - out of vegetable oil. It also gets great fuel mileage... 47mpg city, 50+mpg hwy.

It's a fun car to drive.

Regards,

Jim that is great! We are going to convert the bus to run on bio100. When I buy another truck I'm definitely getting diesel so we can convert. Seems the conversion process is pretty cheap as Dave can do the actual work. He says the truck will run on bio diesel now I forget how he explained it. I would love to get a bio100 co op together out here. I seen a story on this one guy who gets his oil free from the restaurants and then advertises them on his car.

• maxwell
    maxwell

Specialized Sirrus

It is cheap to buy, maintain and operate.

It's fun to ride.

It's gives me some exercise.

It doesn't pollute so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit