The WTS admits the remnant are frauds!

by headmath 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary

I think it's hilarious/pathetic that they use the year 1935 as the cutoff date for the heavenly calling. Even if you're to take the number 144,000 as a literal number, this would have been filled by the 2nd century CE. I remember reading a post that someone did on here showing that over a quarter million Christians had been martyred by the end of the second century CE (correct me if I don't have those figures right). If that was the case, then there was certainly no room for the majority of the 'chosen' to be Witnesses. Or pardon me: Bible Students.

Their whole notion about the remnant and who's chosen, when they were chosen and how they're chosen is a pathetic joke when you examine it under a microscope. Imagine Jesus giving a year as the sole criteria on whether or not you get to go to heaven.

• acadian
    acadian

Good morning! In the cong. I went to there were 3 families all inter-related that had, if I remember right, we had 5 so called anointed one's, and I studied with one of them when I first became a JW (not one now) and I'll tell you they were some of the most un-christian out of any at the hall. Using phrases such as "scumbags" and others, to describe people in the world, (can't imagine Jesus doing that to describe the common people) that disturbed me, but what did I know at the time, I thought they had the truth. (or at least I hoped they did) Acadian

• breeze
    breeze

The way opened to heavenly life when Jesus was baptized. All of the people that lived before that time had to have earthly hope only. Jesus's message was to have hope to join him in heaven.

BREEZE

• Terry
    Terry

Whe I was an active True-Believer in the Jehovah's Witless group the one part of all doctrine that was the most incomprehensible to me was the whole mysterious business of:

HOW DOES A PERSON ACTUALLY "KNOW" they are of the Heavenly calling?

Looking back on the "explanations" I received I realize now how much waffling and flummery there was.

Nobody can explain it because the concept has no data. Consequently, it has no definitions. There can be no chain of logic to an explanation.

The scriptures invoked to support the notion require extreme parsing and "filling in the blanks".

So, instead of getting information from the bible what you get is forcefeeding.

This shoehorn can slip the fattest foot into the smallest shoe of scripture. And that, my friends, is what being a Jehovah's Witness is all about!

Forcing an explanation into a scripture and building a doctrine around it.

Sigh....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The whole wts, with their ludicrous heavenly/earthly hope theory, are all frauds anyway.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Just a side note: When I was younger I knew a "brother" who was of the big A, he was about 35 at the time. A couple of years later he was DF'd for banging another sister in the hall. After his divorce and reinstatement he started partaking again. Then a year or two later he was DF'd for corn holeing a different sister in the hall. Reinstated Again = Anointed Again. DF'd yet a third time and came back, this time I don't think he partook anymore, I guess Jehovah finally got through to him that he was not of the anointed.

Whether DF'd or anointed or whatever the one thing was constant, he was just plain damn W-E-I-R-D!

I guess being anointed is like getting into the VIP room at a club.

-r

• darcy
    darcy

When the term earthly-calling is used, it refers to those who will remain on earth in a Paradise earth. Also called the 'Great Crowd' and the 'Large Flock', these according to Revelation 7 are a great crowd which no man is able to number, and they survive the Great Tribulation.

Before 1933, it was primarily the annointed, those with a heavenly hope, who were being gathered. The 'little flock'. At the annual memorial, these will take a sip of the wine and a bit of the unleavened bread passed around. After 1933, the number of these being ingathered began to slow down, and individuals who were not annointed began to join the organization. The focus had switched.

And how do you know you're annointed? Paul talks about just knowing via holy spirit. I haven't had a chance to ask any annointed folks, so I couldn't go into further detail.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    However the whole anointed/non anointed issue is a fraud.

This isn't "the truth", so how can it NOT be a fraud?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit