The WTS admits the remnant are frauds!

by headmath 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headmath
    headmath

look at this:

***yb75 p. 157 Part 2—

After the 1935 convention, some who previously partook of the emblematic bread and wine at observances of the Lord’s Evening Meal ceased partaking. Why? Not due to unfaithfulness, but because they now realized that their hopes were earthly, not heavenly.

end quote

So the WTS clearly implies that some of the remnant were frauds. Are there anymore frauds. How many more will be revealed. Taking this viewpoint, is it possible that ALL the remnant are frauds??

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi Headmath,

From what I heard from speaking with many current day bible students whose grandparents went into the WT under Russell - that sudden realizing they had the earthly hope was a response to the intimidation tactics of Rutherford and his reign of terror.

1/3 of all the original bible students left the WT and Rutherford and went out on their own. The WT today considers the current day bible students apostates and the feeling is mutual.

Thanks for that information and here is a question I just have to ask:

If some died under Russell's reign believing they had the heavenly calling - when the FDS realized they were mistaken and that these ones should have believed they were earthly, did Jehovah kick them out of heaven?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    If some died under Russell's reign believing they had the heavenly calling - when the FDS realized they were mistaken and that these ones should have believed they were earthly, did Jehovah kick them out of heaven?

According to WT doctrine it would not be possible for someone under russy's reign to be mistaken about the heavenly calling because the earthly calling didnt open up 'til 1933-1935.

• headmath
    headmath

that right

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    According to WT doctrine it would not be possible for someone under russy's reign to be mistaken about the heavenly calling because the earthly calling ;didnt open up 'til 1933-1935.

so, I'm very confused. the apostles and the first century christians with the little candles on their heads (from WT pics) weren't going to heaven? ONly JWs from 1933 on? How could that possibly make sense? Or does Jehovah close and open the window now and then?

• greendawn
    greendawn

They don't really say that they are frauds as such but that they had mistakenly thought they were JW anointed. There is a difference. Interestingly in more recent times I have never heard of anointed backing down except in disgrace.

However the whole anointed/non anointed issue is a fraud.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    According to WT doctrine it would not be possible for someone under russy's reign to be mistaken about the heavenly calling because the earthly calling ;didnt open up 'til 1933-1935.

so, I'm very confused. the apostles and the first century christians with the little candles on their heads (from WT pics) weren't going to heaven? ONly JWs from 1933 on? How could that possibly make sense? Or does Jehovah close and open the window now and then?

Cant really blame you for being confused, but then what about the dubs aint confusing.

According to the dubs the heavenly calling opened up at pentacost 33 CE. This ran from 33 to sometime just before 1935. From 1935 on the calling was predominantly an earthly one. So in answer to lovely's question. The Russel era bible students could not have made the mistake of thinking they had the heavenly calling when they actually had the earthly calling because the earthly calling didnt exist when russel was alive. (sorry for the runon)

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Very good point headmath. This proves that the reason that 99.9% of JW's do not take the emblems is more about doctrinal conditioning and the norms of the religious group than anything else. The fact that all Christians in the first century congregations took the emblems, whereas only a puny fraction of JW's take them, should be disturbing to any JW.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Annointed: Since I feel like I'm going to heaven to rule over everyone else, it must be true! Golly-gee, this feeling just must be from Jehover, 'cause it feels, so... so... right!

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

there is no human way to tell if other humans are or are not going to heaven "besides taking of the emblems" right? so, we come across someone who says they are going to heaven then we should believe that they are....

and then, if thats the case, what of the millions of other ppl around the world who "partake of the wine" and say they are going to heaven....we are to believe that this is true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit