what is the definition of a christian?

by sinamongurl 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trevor
    trevor

Little Toe

I appreciate your willingness to look for the points that people agree on, the common ground, rather than looking for opportunities to clash.

Over the months your remarks have helped me to develop an understanding of Christianity and what Christians are seeking to convey. I have, at times, focused too much on more extreme Bible passages rather than the essence of Christianity. No doubt an influence from my years as a Jehovah’s Witnesses.

You once asked me why I bothered to get worked up about the teachings in the Bible if I don’t believe them? You asked why it should matter to me what people believe? That made me stop and think.

I admire your sincerity and your way of focusing on the positive, spiritual ideals that are at the heart of being a Christian. There are other faiths that I am more drawn too but I see the good intention in spiritual teachings.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl
    That seems a bit contradictory. Is he dead or is he alive in heaven? If he's alive then why can't you pray to him just as you would to God? It really doesn't seem that difficult. Sure it might be a leap of faith, to some, but the concept isn't complex...

little toe: yes, i am confused......i guess i am not expressing myself to clearly.....i guess i really want to know is why are jws called christian when they really claim to worship god and not jesus.....and since jesus is not really jesus, but michael.....then jesus isnt really the mediator is he? so what is a god worshipper called, a theist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit