Well, they finally came to my door

by Wolfgirl 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You certainly gave her a lot to think about there Wolfgirl, though I doubt she'll be back any time soon either. The jws never call here either, we are on alist of doors definitely not to knock on. Every other flat in our block got the invite to the dc, but they didn't leave one here, not that we're bothered.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Wolfgirl, it sounds like you did such a good job, empathy for her and the poor little boy, not bludgeoning her with anger and facts, just patiently pointing out a few blinders. Not terrifying her about the fact that youre and 'apostate' (tee hee), just letting her know youve been in there and are not there anymore.

Poor little boy though. I felt so sad at your description

I kept trying to speak to him, but he wouldn't talk at all. I kept commenting about how he should be out playing on such a gorgeous day, and I couldn't even draw him out about football. I asked him if he played football, and he shook his head no.

because when you are little, and you have no power or control over your own life, the only defence is to block out any critisism, however well meant. All he could do was protect himself by looking at the ground. Maybe when he is older he will remember a kind lady at the door who understood and fed him a few kind words.

I hope so.

• La Capra
    La Capra

You will never see her again, but don't be surprised if a pair of elders will be showing up soon, completely armed with all your "vital statistics," just as soon as this woman asks a question or to, trying to refute your claims.

Your address will also be listed on the territory call as "do not call." That's so's no unsuspecting "publisher" gets "gets apostized to."

But they will really leave you alone after this.

Shoshana

• LDH
    LDH
    I asked him if he played football, and he shook his head no. His mum said he didn't like football, and said, "...as you can see," drawing notice to the fact that the poor little guy was obviously out of shape. (He must have taken after his mum, coz she was quite....round.)

Another brilliant JW parent who knows how to boost the self-esteem of a little person!

• rekless
    rekless

Do current Witnesses have ANY idea how empty their gun is?

They have to keep track of: Is this new light, or old light; or is it old light that is returning to old light which is new light.

There isn't anything simple about that religion, Something old, something new, something borrowed someone screwed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

All these lay preachers go out and talk to people yet they don't really know what they are talking about and are easily manipulated into spreading the WTS propaganda.

I remember how I was saying all those JW things and really believing in them and later I found out they were completely wrong, I was a victim and being used by the WTS to create new victims - they were saying we were saving them.

• madamboogieuk
    madamboogieuk

Hi nice to meet you all, this is my first post.

I left the Org 3 months ago (was going to back, but the days went by...) and last week I did some proper at length research online (and other factors in my local K Hall pushed me) and I decided last week this IS a mind-controlling, judgemental, critical, brainwashing, oppressive, dangerous, self-esteem and dignity sucking cult. I can't believe I was duped and fooled by it all for TWENTY TWO years of my life.

MidwichCuckoo, I agree with that, I'm from the UK and I had little idea the Org was involved with the UN and about the molesting cases etc going on in other countries. That's why the internet is so good isn't it, it educates us with all sorts of interesting information that the Society doesn't want JW's looking at.

I'd still be in the Org if it wasn't for the internet and sites like these, but now i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol.

• uninformed
    uninformed
    Hi nice to meet you all, this is my first post.

I left the Org 3 months ago (was going to back, but the days went by...) and last week I did some proper at length research online (and other factors in my local K Hall pushed me) and I decided last week this IS a mind-controlling, judgemental, critical, brainwashing, oppressive, dangerous, self-esteem and dignity sucking cult. I can't believe I was duped and fooled by it all for TWENTY TWO years of my life.

MidwichCuckoo, I agree with that, I'm from the UK and I had little idea the Org was involved with the UN and about the molesting cases etc going on in other countries. That's why the internet is so good isn't it, it educates us with all sorts of interesting information that the Society doesn't want JW's looking at.

I'd still be in the Org if it wasn't for the internet and sites like these, but now i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. lol.

madamboogieuk

But please, tell us how you really feel.

(welcome!--My wife and I only wasted 45 years (for me) and her whole life (60 years). Some people, (like you) have all the luck.)

Uninformed

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Nice work, wolfgirl!! You Rock!!

Great analogy with the car purchase. So true. Since my fade, I actually make many decisions this way. Let me look what the competition says about this product I'm considering. Let me consider all the reasons why I should not make this career change.

I think I make much better decisions that way.

Just a small hijack: Hi Madamboogieuk! Welcome to JWD!!. I think you will like it here. And, as you can see, there is quite a group from the UK. They even meet up with each other once or twice a year. You are in for a treat... Welcome!

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

wolfgirl; don't it feel GREAT to twist a know it all jw' into knots. in 5 minutes. it's SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way fat kids , are good in football, and wrestling etc. she will never come back . she knows all she had was spit balls, against a cannon. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit