Feeling like I was played

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sorry to hear it Lady Lee.

To whoever was jerking around our sweet Lady Lee: you're a twonk. PM me if that disturbs you, I could use some attention.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks everyone. It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

BTW I never did get the URL

freedomlover

did they REALLY want to help this person or did they like the tantilzing secret info. they had??

exactly. If the person really needed help why play stupid guessing games for 4 hours

wednesday

I discovered that other people on the board were getting the exact same PMs. So it wasn't just me that was getting played.. One person actually got the URL and went to offer help

LT

Which once again shows that ya don't always see what's going on from just looking at what's posted on the public forums

So true. Sometimes to be fair we give people several chances but this poster used them all up yesterday

• Scully
    Scully

That's why I refused to be drawn into that person's baiting the other day, Lee. I just knew it would end badly (for them, in terms of losing their posting privileges)

Sorry they went after you instead. I hate it when people deliberately and needlessly waste my time and kindness. A boot up the @r$e for the offending party!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Been there LL. Not with this person, but other times and situations.

Realize this behavior says more about them, than it does you. Having said that, once someone shows you who they are, don't forget it. I think you've got every right to be irritated, even angry. Now that you know, use the experience and learn from it.

Chris

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Scully

Sorry they went after you instead

We both know it was only a matter of time

BT

Realize this behavior says more about them, than it does you; Having said that, once someone shows you who they are, don't forget it. I think you've got every right to be irritated, even angry. Now that you know, use the experience and learn from it

Oh believe me I learn. I do indeed - You have a PM

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That would have annoyed me too. I fail to see what enjoyment anyone gets out of this sort of behaviour.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    read this and see if you can guess who it is

Makes it sound like a game, not a person in need of genuine help. Thank god I am not perceived as kind enough to bother with this kind of stupid game.

LL, at least you can take comfort in the fact that people see you as caring. (even if you do get the odd prize nob spoiling it)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

i think those on the board who are percieved to have good helpful hearts were fed the info.

Bravo to the one who was able to wrestle the info about where this post occurred and who offered support.

if anyone gets a PM about this kind of game please let the mods know. While we can't access PMs, Simon can. The mods can at least have a heads up about it.

If a person is in serious risk of hurting themselves it is always best to contact the Admins of that board. They have access to personal info about the person who needs help that they can pass on to the police if needed.

Suicide and others forms of self harm are not a joke or a game. Many here have experienced tragedy of this kind. Sometimes minutes will make all the difference.

Thanks I know most of you know this but clearly some think this is a game. - It isn't

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I may sound harsh, but if you were truly suecidal surely an internet board is a bad place to start looking for help?

After all you might take hours or even days before you get a reply. so what you gonna do? Sit at the computer with the whiskey bottle and the paracetamol and tell yourself 'if I dont get a reply in 5 hours im gonna do it'?

Thats pathetic. If you are truly suecidal you just do it. You dont go seeking a f00king audience to talk you out of it. And if you do, you get on the phone and start making your friends and family panic - you dont go onto a message board where it might take hours before you get the short term payoff you are looking for. You pop the pills then phone an ambulance and pretend you wanna die, when really you want a scene to show you that people still want you to live.

And before all the bleeding heart liberals get on at me, I know what I am talking about.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

katiekitten,

Having recently been to that edge myself, I have a difficult time caring where people go to get attention if that is what it takes for them to decide differently. I took your recommended approach—solo, and was just going to do it. Despite what some here believe I don't live online. I type quickly and think even more quickly. I pop in and out of here.

I didn't tell a soul online what was going on with me. I didn't call an ambulance. But you know, if I had no friends other than virtual ones (which is true of a LOT of young people these days), I might tell them goodbye first. I am very glad CRR didn't die, I want CRR to live to see the Tower fall, whether or not the religion dies out. By the by, you did sound harsh—well intentioned, but harsh.

Would you really dictate to someone considering suicide that they should not reach out for help? Do you really think they should just do it? Because there are some who would read what you wrote as final confirmation that no one really gives a damn whether they live or die, and that is not true—even if you really don't give a damn whether other people live or die.

(((LadyLee))) ,

I'm sorry someone put you through that kind of emotional torture. Just remember that you have had successes, too, by making yourself vulnerable to that kind of torment.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit