Why are we still here ?

by Genesis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((the dreamer dreaming)))

• anewme
    anewme

I made NO PROGRESS for 4 years before finding this website.
    Now look after almost a year of posting I am learning to live, love and laugh again post JW!

But I have a long road ahead.

And aside from being an ex JW site, this site is full of experience and wisdom and heart that I cannot find elsewhere.

So I am here because I also LIKE SO MANY POSTERS HERE!

• Fleur
    Fleur

I finally got the guts to google JW's more than 2 years after I was df'd because my ex was giving me problems and I needed insight on issues surrounding dealing with shared custody with a JW and ex JW. Within two minutes of my posting, I had a ton of help and resources. I cried because I realized that not only wasn't I alone, but there were people who were willing and able to help me find my way through.

I have gone through long periods of hiatus from the forums. Sometimes it feels so not worth it to be here. But then I remember the way that I felt and I stay to try to help others in any small way I can. Giving back.

You'll know when it's time to leave. Until then, don't let anyone else tell you how you should be feeling or how you should be handling your 'freedom'. You get to pick your friends now :) It's part of the whole 'not a jw anymore' dealeo. Quite a nice part too :)

hugs

essie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What is your opinion ?

• moanzy
    moanzy

The society has done such a good job of bowbeating us and teaching us how worthless we are without them. Alienating us from society and then when DF'd or DA'd ,alienating us from family and friends, I find that just being around people with similar experiences helps me keep my sanity.

It takes time to realize the society was wrong and we are worth it. We have the ability look after ourselves quite well without their stupid input. While we love our families, holding us hostage with the threat of losing our family is just not going to work like it use too. We aren't going to be fooled. We know they are just MEN.

This forum helps recognize this.

Moanzy

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This forum helps people get out. It helps people see their is life outside the organization. It is a great community. We are not only here to get out of the organization but to also help all those lurkers and newbies who need their questions answered. This forum serves purpose, we can't sipmly forget our past but use it as a way to move forward as well as help others. Great job to everybody here that posts!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The more this forum has helped me the more I become able to help others.

I also find there is a lot of alternate ideas presented that are helping me build a new belief structure.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

heres the take, what these ppl put us through was traumatic... we need a release, and this was it!!! so might as well look at this, talk out our feelings, and have some fun while at it!!!

-the infamous one

• Warlock
    Warlock

Don't ask me. I just got here!

Warlock

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Because we're not all there.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest