Why are we still here ?

by Genesis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

Hi mighty Apostate Crew,

I answered : First we come to this forum seeking help and then when we are free it is still fun to stay in tune...

As I said it I felt I was not completly sure of what I was saying.

I think in a sense she was right. If I was that free why would I still relate to JW things like this forum or imagining crazy plans to go at the KH and do some pricks...

I need your take on that. What is your opinion ?

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Even though I have been "out of the truth" for over 20 years, I still find the odd time when I find myself thinking along the old path about certain things in life that come up. It is almost impossible to explain or have a conversation with anyone around me about my feelings because I don't associate with anyone who is or ever was a JW. They just wouldn't "get it"....

Therefore, I personally find it is comforting just to be able to come to this board and read other peoples thoughts and opinions on different matters and see that there ARE people who understand how I'm feeling and can relate.

It's just comforting to know that I'm not alone and if I did need to talk to someone about it, you guys are all out there. That's why I personally hang out here.

LIG

**Have a great weekend!!!

• metatron
    metatron

I don't think we'll be here forever. I am hopeful about the economic decline of the Watchtower Society, even if loss of its membership

takes another generation. I won't go into details but I think that one more big 'cutback' will be the beginning of the end for them.

At some point, they can't sustain the "preaching work" if contributions keep dropping.

metatron

• DHL
    DHL

I can say I'm free from the watchtower doctrine but I'm not yet totally done with my past and how it sometimes influences my presence. This forum works pretty well in giving me "thinking-kicks" I can work with. Every now and then I read posts and suddenly reach deeper understanding in things that were sublimal before. This can also happen, when I'm about to reply. Sometimes I write something and then I'm totally suprised by what I wrote and how it felt to write it. It's quite amazing. I consider myself very lucky to have found you all! I hope I can be of some help too, sometimes.

• KW13
    KW13

personally, the cult affected me that much that probably a day doesn't go by when i don't think of it and the damage it caused in my life and SINCE joining the forum, i can relate to people who seen/felt similar. It feels good.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This forum has a big turnover.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Genesis,

I need your take on that. What is your opinion?

That sums it up for me. I need other people's input that have been through something similar to what I have been through. I like to provide input for others, too.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Some come for themselves in the beginning and stay to help others.

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

Leaving the cult is a unique experience that can only be shared by others that have been through the same thing. Many of us "lost" our past and finding this site gave part of that back. Who else can relate to the culture we came from? And there are so many great people here!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I stay because I have found a way to deal with my past and hope to share it with others who are having a difficult time...for the purely selfish reason that I see all of you as part of me and I want all of me to be happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit