Supernatural experiences

by catbert 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catbert
    catbert

Many ex-JW's experience a new found freedom to investigate and question all the things they once felt were true, and may ultimately come to the conclusion that the bible is just a book of stories and take science as their new "religion". (It happens. It happened to me...) But a question I have is this: Are all supernatural experiences hallucinations? Science would say probably yes. Have any of you had supernatural experiences?

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI catbert, and welcome !

One night, something lifted my blanket up while blabbering on about Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I prayed and "it" left. I don't think I was dreaming.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Hi catbert, WELCOME to JWD...I only experience the super natrual

• under_believer
    under_believer

I believe that there is a rational and natural explanation for every supernatural experience.

• free2beme
    free2beme

My life is a supernatural experience!

• atypical
    atypical

One time, at band camp, the demons hid my keys when it was time for me to drive to meeting. Then, I decided I didn't want to go to meeting, so the demons' work had been done, and they left. Aside from that, the only supernatural experiences in my life have been ones that other people told me about and could not substantiate.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

how bout this story from KW13 -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/111868/1.ashx

scary!!!

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I absolutely do believe in Supernatural Experiences. And I don't attribute them to Demons.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I believe there are many things we cannot explain - I guess I can accept the term supernatural.

I have personally had these experiences:

I have had dreams where one dead relative tells me they are waiting for another living relative to go to be with them - and then the living one dies unexpectantly

I had a feeling my son was in trouble one day and jumped off my couch running outside to find him. My daughter followed not knowing what was wrong. We found him in a wooded area where a group of bully kids jumped him, knocked him down and choked him. My son has asthma and was having an attack due to the stress of the situation. I had just enough time to get him home and give him his meds.

I got up to leave a friends house when I felt as if some force pushed me back down. My friend commented about it because it looked so odd. I told her I can't leave right now but could not give an explanation as to why. Within a few minutes, literally the time it would take me to get to the front door, we heard a large crash and breaking glass. A truck with a drunk driver at that moment jumped the curb and ran straight into the front door - where I would have been going out if I had not sat back down.

One day I was so depressed I was going to commit suicide. I prayed and cried to God that I could not stand living any longer. My hubby was going to leave me because I wanted to leave the org. And he said he would take the kids too. Anyway, I was very distraught knowing he could use my past history of depression against me, and I could not live without my kids. While I was praying I felt like someone hugged me. I had a sense of calm and warmth come over my whole body and it wrapped itself around me and I knew at once, everything would be o.k. I calmed down instantly and later could not believe I was even thinking of suicide. A short time later, my hubby changed his mind. Now he is also out of the org.

I think all these experiences could be classifed as supernatural because I have no rational explanation for any of them.

• catbert
    catbert

lovelylil, I sincerely wish you well. Your reply was touching. I am in my 40's now, but in my 20's I was a very depressed ex-JW. I have a feeling this forum is going to be a good place for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit