Drama - To Whose Authority Do You Submit?

by truthseeker 42 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Why don't they ever have a drama about wicked elders likened to the Scribes & Pharisees? It's always the same old, same old. Keep the flock in line by putting the fear of the Watchtower in them. SUBMIT OR BE CRUSHED!! Oh what a crock of s**t!

cathy l.

• delilah
    delilah

lol, i am gonna be goin to the convention so should be interesting...try not to laugh Better you, than me, KW.... Hadenuf, I hear ya...it IS a crock of shite!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There will be a convention in my area soon... I would like to go and record the talks and drama. The problem is that, by coincidence, I will be enjoying five days off work. Do I really, really want to SQUANDER my five day weekend making a recording for everyone????

• delilah
    delilah

Hell no, Else................don't squander your holidays. Mary will be going, let her take notes. She'll come and tell us how it all goes down, bless her little heart.

• under_believer
    under_believer

jgnat, ABSOLUTELY. In the business world, there are all types, but the most valuable, most efficient people are always the ones that are willing to listen to their underlings and who are able to be disagreed with. This isn't a secret, either. It's something executives go to multi-thousand-dollar training seminars to learn.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Are they detecting too much disobedience? Do the elders give such feedback? The problem with the JWs is that they are mixing up obeying the FDS with obeying jehovah since they made the WTS jehovah's organisation, she is their mother that is even married to jehovah their father.

Yet God does not want to operate through a destructive lying cult, unless by God they mean the Devil.

• mustang
    mustang

Noticing the liberal tendency of anewme's program titles, I took a second look and then peeked behind the stage. I found that one of the titles was rewritten from an even more liberal stance:

"Welcoming Back The Not-So-Repentant Ones"

Mustang

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    Reject an Independent Spirit

An organization of codependent people.
    My mom is very free willed and I usually appeal to that when trying to coax her out of the WT.
    BTW: My favorite Drama was the one with Jezebel. And you all know that the sister playing her part probably loved every minute of it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a fine, rich history of great people arguing with God and getting away with it. There's Job, Abraham, Sarai, Jacob, Moses, Hannah, Saul, David, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, and probably a few I forgot. How could an intelligent being NOT enjoy a spirited debate?

There's a world of difference between disagreeing and blatant disregard for authority.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Drama, drama, drama...

I was shocked to see the title of the drama. Reject an Independant Spirit? WTF? It's little snapshots like that of current dub-dumb that reinforce the reasons why I am NOT in the Lie anymore!

They sure are blatent with their messages, aren't they?

Question - has their EVER been a drama that has had anything to do with Jesus, his ministry, etc.?

Or has it all been Old Testament doom and gloom? Or modern day bull-shite? (God, I hated those modern day dramas. Not even costumes to raise my interest.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit