Drama - To Whose Authority Do You Submit?

by truthseeker 42 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

From the 2006 D.C. program

Wonder what an Independent Spirit is eh? Another 2001, Korah, Dathan and Abiram example to obey the FDS and the elders.

11:10 Accept Jehovah’s Authority-Reject an Independent Spirit.

11:30 DRAMA: To Whose Authority Do You Submit?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

What does submit mean? Its not in my dictionary!

• KW13
    KW13

lol, i am gonna be goin to the convention so should be interesting...try not to laugh

• DHL
    DHL
    11:10 Accept Jehovah’s Authority-Reject an Independent Spirit.

I am very proud of my independent spirit! Also my friends and those I work with tell me they like my independent thinking.

O nly my JW-parents always hated it! They will hate it even more after that convention!

• anewme
    anewme

Oh no! Oh no!!!
    I was hoping with all my heart the convention theme would be more on the lines of:

"Love Conquers All" a discussion with a family on how to welcome back their dfd relative.

"God Forgives the Sinner and So Should We"

"Welcoming Back The Repentant Ones"

"Elders Pursue the Lost Sheep with Love"

"All Are His Children"

"Worshipping God, Not An Organization"

"Follow Your Own Heart in Conscience Matters"

Sad and scary.

• blondie
    blondie

The drama is based on 1 Kings 13

(1 Kings 13:1-3) 13

And here there was a man of God that had come out of Judah by the word of Jehovah to Beth´el, while Jer·o·bo´am was standing by the altar to make sacrificial smoke. 2 Then he called out against the altar by the word of Jehovah and said: "O altar, altar, this is what Jehovah has said, ‘Look! A son born to the house of David, whose name is Jo·si´ah! And he will certainly sacrifice upon you the priests of the high places that are making sacrificial smoke upon you, and men’s bones he will burn upon you.’" 3 And he gave a portent on that day, saying: "This is the portent of which Jehovah has spoken: Look! The altar is ripped apart, and the fatty ashes that are upon it will certainly be spilled out."

• daystar
    daystar

Slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god, slave god... ... ...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Islam - (literally) submission.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmmm, an elder tried to HARD SELL me on the glories of this drama. Do you think they are trying to tell me something?

• jgnat
    jgnat

** WARNING ** WARNING ** DEEP THOUGHTS AHEAD **

The Faith of the Centurion (Luke 7, NIV)

1 When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue." 6 So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Back in the first century, there weren't very many woman managers. But I am. I understand authority and submission very well. I relate to the Centurion's perspective. I also have people I report to, and people under me. I have an obligation to both. BUT that obligation includes warning my bosses when they are wrong. That's not an "independent spirit". That's just smart. And my leaders are grateful that I speak up. By doing so, I prevent great harm.

I'd love to have an opportunity to explain this to an elder, but I seriously doubt they would hear or understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit