Something strange about "Christs invisible presence"...

by Hellrider 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Regarding the lexical semantics of parousia:

1) There is no entailment at all of invisibility as the manner of the parousia

and

2) The word is often used in Greek to refer not just to a state (i.e. "to be present") but a change of state (i.e. a change from being "absent" to being "present", in other words "to come" or "arrive"). What was being looked for was not simply a future presence but the change in affairs that produces that state.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I thought Jesus was saying that we should not see wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilences, and persecution as a sign of his presence: "these things must take place but the end is not yet" (hence centuries of these things and no second coming) I THOUGHT the point he is making is that no sign would be required, as his coming would be as obvious as the lightning in a thunderstorm, and everyone would realize he had arrived, not just a select few meeting in secret rooms like the Gibbering Body.

HB

• kazar
    kazar

Oh, I have been laughing my butt off at these posts. They are hilarious. This forum has the funniest, sharpest witted group of people anywhere. That's why I love this forum.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Gumby said: "Just remember....jesus and his father see all you say and do here and they won't forget it when Armageddon comes."
    Anyone ever watch the 'Power Rangers', that kids show back in the '90s? For some strange reason, the female villain Rita Repulsa (I only watched it a couple of times, I SWEAR!) was always watching the Power Rangers and could see all that they said and did. Kinda like an evil Santa Claus or God. Always watching. LOL.

So, the question was... what is Jesus doing during his 'presence' since 1914?

Standard answer: He is overseeing an earthwide ingathering work that fulfills the prophesy of Matt 24:14. God does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain everlasting life. (John 3:16) I have heard that construction on the city of New Jerusalem is proceeding nicely. From the Revelation Climax book: "What a remarkable city this is! A perfect cube 12,000 furlongs (about 1,380 miles) [2,220 km]) in perimeter, surrounded by a wall 144 cubits, or 210 feet [64 m], in height... It would cover a territory about 14 times as large as modern Israel, and it would tower almost 350 miles [560 km] into outer space! ...[W]hat do these measurements tell us about heavenly New Jerusalem?" Even so, what with labor and supply issues, the city is not yet complete. The archangel in charge of the project was recently overheard complaining about a lack of skilled workers and delays on the construction of the pearly gates. He said, "Even with a head start of a couple of thousand years, the pearls are just not ready yet. The plans got approval later than expected. You just can't put an order in for a dozen pearls that size and then have the architect change his mind." Others have voiced environmental concerns as well. Asked when the city might be finished, the archangel replied, "Only the Father knows."

However, the GB has a little secret that they aren't telling anyone!! They know that Jerusalem fell in 587 Before Christ and that the REAL start to Christ's presence was in 1934, the same year that Rutherford tried to be fiends (friends?) with Hitler! In addition to that, "this generation" began in 1957 when the Russians launched Sputnik! So, we can expect the end in the year 2027 (70 years) or 2037 (80 years)
    These dates do not seem realistic, however, in light of the scripture that says that ten kings will rule alongside the U.N. for 'one hour'. (Rev 17:12,13) Using the rule of 'a day is as a thousand years' we see that these kings will rule with the U.N. for 41 and 2/3 years. If the U.N. started to rule tomorrow, then the end would be upon us in 2048 anno domini.
    Well, maybe that isn't the standard answer after all.

Dave

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Primate Dave: What you just wrote is all jibberish, of course. But the JehoWatchTower really should hire you to help them with establishing new shite/new doctrine, you have some very "good" ideas......well, your stuff isn`t any worse than the old stuff, at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit