MY DAD HAS LEFT THE ORGANIZATION!!

by freedomlover 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

HOLY COW!!!!!

I cannot believe it!! You see... your Dad is truely a truth seeker! I am SO.... happy for you!! It may take some time, but if your Stepmom is already considering it, by her comment, 'she doesn't know if she could leave because she has been in it too long.' Otherwise you would think she would no way even say something like that. Let alone think it! Wow!! I am THRILLED for you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thrilled!

I think the key is that first Ithinkisee shared his newfound discoveries as you were able to receive them. It is obvious also that you know your dad. You shared exactly what he needed to hear.

Your stepmom needs another approach, but if she is emotional as you say, she will likely be won over by her loving family.

Good job!

• Confession
    Confession

Just wanted to pile on here with my happiness for you!

What a sweet victory. The real truth has won out over religious authoritarianism.

Confession

• Es
    Es

thats awesome news

you must be so happy

es

• Odrade
    Odrade

Incredible!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As Tony the Tiger says, "Greeeeat!" I hope I can make a similar thread one day about my sister and younger brother and their families.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Hi everyone,

thanks for the shared joy!

I am very excited but I also feel for my dad and stepmom. I remember the constant stomach ache at first and the sleepless nights and the pure terror of wondering I'd made the right decision........

I am so happy we can be around for him to support him and tell him he's NOT crazy, when he gets feeling like he is!

*Your stepmom needs another approach, but if she is emotional as you say, she will likely be won over by her loving family.*

this is going to be a huge part of it. she is already very upset how our long time "friends" in the org. are treating ITIS and I since we left. She didn't think these people would do those things. She is going to need to be showered with love and patience. I think she needs to deal with one thing at a time and then she can decide on the witness stuff.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings freedomlover,

Such great news! Nothing like a good report from a distant land.

I hope you tell him about this board.

Dismembered

• willyloman
    willyloman

Tell your dad there are many just like him who have left the organization for reasons of conscience. I too was an elder and a JW for nearly 30 years who decided to answer my own questions, did the research, shared with my wife, and together we made the sometimes painful decison to escape dubdom and set out on our own spiritual journey. We have never regretted it for a minute and we've never been happier. Not only is there life after the Watchtower, but that life is good.

• Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit