No Absolute Truth

by Shining One 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

This one is for the Politically Correct Crowd:
    Is there no 'absolute truth'? Do you want to live that one out? You then have no moral basis for any law in any society. Everything is relative and I mean everything! Anything at all goes. You have no right to condemn anyone for any act, no matter how depraved. Woops, 'depraved' is not a term since it assumes some absolute truth. Let's get down to 'brass tacks' here. Everyone wants to push this suicidal argument on people who claim that morality is valid. How about it, everyone?
    Let's try abortion on for size. Since it is up the woman to decide what happens to her body that makes partial birth abortion acceptable, right (that's where a 'doctor' crushes the skull of a late term baby and sucks his/her brains out)? If that is ok then why is it illegal to dispose of a newborn that is not aborted? What about a child who is a month old? Six months?
    Let's do 'gay rights' next, the marriage issue. Why would it be wrong for two men and a woman to get married or any combination of the above (including critters, LOL)? Let's go for broke on this one. Why is it wrong for adults to 'know' children (as NAMBLA likes to claim)?
    Going by this premise there are no laws that should be enacted, much less enforced! There is no absolute truth, everyone? We have to be consistent, don't we? You are trapped in a 'argument by suicide'.
    Rex

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ok, there is ONE absolute truth. You are a fucking moron.

• AlanF
    AlanF

This guy is certainly a poster boy for the braindead Fundies, eh? Every favorite dumb teaching of theirs, he's adopted. Much like fanatical JW newbies do with their cult.

AlanF

• gumby
    gumby

Sixer....lets not beat around the bush here.....just tell ol' Rex just exactly what you think of him and don't be pullin any punches....ok?

Is there no 'absolute truth'? Do you want to live that one out? You then have no moral basis for any law in any society. Everything is relative and I mean everything! Anything at all goes

I have a moral basis for not cheating on my wife. If I cheat.....her heart is broken and I ruin her life for the most part......that's how we humans feel and think, regardless whether there is a moral law or not.

If I go next door and take my neighbors lawnmower and sell it.....he might kick my ass...or shoot me. No moral indoctrinating there either Rex....it's just how we humans feel about things and act on them....with or without a moral law. Humans or animals react and abide by certain things ...whether there is a law for it or not.

Now then sixer......you come over here right now and give Rex a big 'ol kiss on his mouth and make up with him......ya hear me young man!!!!!

Gumby

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hey "shing one" that was the medication bell man

• Swan
    Swan

What in the hell are you smoking?

Can I get some?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The Shining One,

Any species, as a whole, will behave in such a way to perpetuate the said species. In perpetuating our own species we attempt to eliminate deviant behaviour. This is why some people feel it is not OK to be gay or to abort a fetus. But if you understand evolution, you can mentally supercede those somewhat instinctual impulses. You have to understand, religion itself is a way to perpetuate our species - it is a method for controlling masses of people and making them happy with carrying out their own functions in society. If you look at things from a very fundamental view, any and every religion states that all life comes from a or a set of creators, and therefore life is sacred. Ask yourself why humans have devised this universal view.

• gumby
    gumby

Rex....even the bible you hold so sacred says...if I remember correctly ""those who have no law but by NATURE do the things in the law....are a law to themselves because it's written on their hearts". Whadya say bout them there apples dude?

Gumgifted

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello Rex... I don't think you are a fundy... because you don't want to see a babies brain, smashed and his brain sucked you..

Nor because you don't want to see anything goes.. I'm happy you spoke your mind. You just want to see structure and morals...

Respectfully, STAR

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey shiny man! Have you ever heard of "strawman argumentation?" You should look it up sometime. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit