Your eating habits

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

I've cut out all hydrogenated oils eat nothing with transfats since I had my heart attack. I eat a mix of uncooked oat meal, wheatgrem, Sam's club's tropical trail mix, cherrie ohs, and raisins all mix together in a 2 gallon container. I have lost 30 lbs doing this. If I have pancakes I put 8 oz. in ythe the mix. When I make bread I put a cut of it in my bread mix..

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Greendawn, interesting thread! Tell us what you like to eat?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't eat that well........that is if I eat.

Brooke

• greendawn
    greendawn

Virgo, above all I try to avoid eating processed food because I think here lies the cause of much of modern disease heart disease, cancer etc I don't think it's got anything to do with saturated animal fats or cholesterol, people have been eating these since time immemorial.

I avoid trans fats from hydrogenated fats though these are so widespread, biscuits, cakes, chips, pastries etc

I eat a little of each of all types of non processed food, meat, veg, legumes, cheese etc

• acadian
    acadian

whole fruits, grains, vegtables and an occasional pepperoni pizza!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I really try to keep our family on organic foods. Especially, the meat, eggs and milk. We also try to stay with whole grain breads and eating lots of organic (if possible) vegetables. Though, I am still the sucker for pizza, wings and basic junk food.

Loruhamah

• greendawn
    greendawn

Loruhamah, actually eating organic food is a graet idea since pesticides are a big part of the food problem, however organic meat in England is a lot more expensive than non organic. Other organic things are reasonably cheap.

Actually pizza is not necessarily junk food if it's made with real cheese, and the same goes for chicken wings.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I know I need to eat better and take supplements. My daughters check out my medicine chest regularly to see if I've got the right stuff in there.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I tend to eat a lot of cat meat (the younger the better) to the exclusion of other white meats. I also take various fishy and veggie oil supplements such as Wild Atlantic Salmon Oil pills and Omega 3-6-9 oil pills, and eat plenty of stinky sardines, which my Norwegian friend claims is among the best sources of healthy, heart-conscious food in the world.

AlanF

• nelly136
    nelly136

cat meat? the furry kitteny kind? that could be good for your heart but be careful ya dont break your neck trying to wash your bum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit