Your eating habits

by greendawn 23 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Tell us about your eating habits, are you health conscious do you avoid synthetic additives in food such as artificial flavours and preservatives and generally all processed food, are you vegetarian, vegan, do you buy organic food out of fear of pesticides, do you eat too much, do you go on diets often etc

I was shocked to read somewhere that 90% of the food Americans eat is processed. It saves time using such food but....

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I've been trying to eat just whole foods, cutting out anything with white flour or sugar. Mostly eating fruits, veggies, meat, nuts, dairy etc. And I drink tons of water.

I do that "shop the perimeter" thing at the grocery store as that's where all the fresh produce, meat and dairy are.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Eating is a habit that I seem unable to break free of.

LT, of the "smartass" class

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm an omnivore. I try to buy as much organic, additive free food as possible. I eat very little sugar or starchy foods. Mainly meats, lots of veggies, eggs,cheese and nuts. I don't really go on special diets anymore - I did too much of that when I was younger. My doctor had me keep a food diary, and when she looked at it, told me she didn't think I was eating enough.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Actually,

I must have the worlds worst eating habits. I just had to give a speech on it, and I drink cofee till noon, often skip lunch and usually eat a sensible supper. I don't like bread that much, and I love veggies, but I hardly get to excercise and I stay up too late, wake too early and fall off the wagon with candy now and then. My doctor said I need to eat more and excercise too. I think I stopped my metabolism. So all I eat sticks with me, and it is really hard to loose.

• White Waves
    White Waves

I try to eat a high amount of protein to keep my blood sugar balanced. I also eat fresh vegetables every day but little fruit. That used to be my favorite but now I don't crave it anymore. I have low-blood pressure. The prescription for that is alot of salt. Easy for me. I use dead sea salt often. I miss my vegetable gardens from a few years back but getting used to the farmer's markets around my new area. I also try to eat high-fiber grains too. Anyone that has tried this knows it is not an easy task. I really would like to can or freeze my own vegetables and fruit but I live in the woods so I'll have to buy them first. I doubt I'll try this year but I am hoping next year.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I eat whatever I like. Alot of fruits and veggies & stirfry's.

I looooove mangos & fresh papaya.

During the summer I cook outside on the grill almost every night, chicken, fish, prawns, steaks.... mmmmmm!

I hardly eat processed foods, but it's almost impossible to cut that out my diet totally. I like to have have a piece of Jello no-bake cheesecake every once in while. =)

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I eat low carb, and it really works for me. I'm not super strict with it, but balance my diet with vegetables. I don't eat sugars, and limit pastas, rice and breads. I eat lots of nuts for snacks, or cheeses and fruits in moderation. This gives me lots of energy, and I can't remember when I had my last cold or virus! My only real splurge is a glass of dry red wine at bedtime, but that's good for me too, lol! This keeps my weight down too, but I do admit I can "pinch an inch!"

• prophecor
    prophecor

Radical reduction in fried foods. Except for the infamous chicken wing and fish. Baked chicken as a rule, now as opposed to the exception of fried. Pork chops are also baked from now on, for the most part. As much benefit from veggies. Salads, huge ones. Lots of live, raw veggies.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

My wife prepaires all my meals. She's a real health conscience nut too. She would be a vegetarian if it weren't for the fact that I'm a carnivour through and through. She even packs my lunch for me and goes as far as to butter my bread, rolls, biscuts, etc.... She has created a monster though. I'm totally dependant on her. I can't even boil water with out her. I would certainly starve to death if anything were to happen to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit