So i asked her

by KW13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13
    KW13 are you actually 13? if you are do you have someone who will insit you get blood if you need it?

17, 18 in october
    i dunno, i hope so lol.

It was a loaded question you gave her, but I think she gave you an 'on the fence' answer. If she was truly dub-crazy, she would say, 'jehovahs organisation'. If she wasn't dub at all, she would have said, my children. She gave you the non-descript JW non-answer, which gives me some hope about your situation. She was backpedaling, which means that she does still love you, but the borg is still firmly entrenched. I think that mothers, at least the ones without previous mental problems, can admit the fact that their young would come first no matter what happened, but when pressed with an answer in a 'loaded' situation would always take the JW stance. Give her time. Being young right now is an advantage. If you live your life in a less crazy way, and don't challenge her, you may win her over. Use the JW psychology stuff on her, but reverse it for your own uses. Teach her that life is not religion, but love. I hope you can get through to her.
    Yeh, i noted how she failed to add org but still, she sees the two as one, at least outwardly. Some good advice though, thank you!
    So I phone her and tell her my assignment and ask her if she could help me out with some good qualities. Her answer," Hmmm.... Yes.... Hmmm..... Well I'm sure there is something good about you."

My mom would sacrifice her children for the Watchtower Society too.

Moanzy

Ah, sorry to hear that
  • unique1
    unique1

I am so sorry to hear that KW. I know it hurts when they say such things. We just have to remember they are parroting and can no longer think for themselves. They see it as showing love because they have been told for years that sacrificing things to Jehovah is loving.

• KW13
    KW13

Thanks unique1, yeh parts of their thoughts just get lost somewhere and the WBT Society nonsense comes out.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

(((((Kw13)))) you are so right when you say their own thoughts get lost and the JW nonsense spews forth. Having grown up in this twisted reasoning and seeing the ill effects upon loved ones that were DA'd , I vowed from a young age I would never treat one of my own children that way. To me a mothers love is forever , my kids may do things I don't agree with or like, but I will always love them . I imagine your own mother deep down feels the same. She is just parroting what she thinks she should say. My mother in law shuns her youngest son , and it is killing her because in her heart she knows it is in human. And she now knows this for a fact because I've told her so. No more fake answers and parroted responses from me .When she brings up anything about her son I tell it to her straight that every child deserves a relationship and love and accecptance from their own family. Hopefully it will wake up her instincts because I know they are there under the surface. I truly hope the best to you with your own relationship with your mother.

• KW13
    KW13
    I truly hope the best to you with your own relationship with your mother.

thanks me too, hopefully something will click in her head and let her see what exactly it will cost the two of us.

• bebu
    bebu

kw, leaving aside the blood doctrine stuff, why not try another kind of question?

Why not try, "Under what conditions would you consider the WTS to be apostate (like she considers the Catholic church to have gone apostate)?" Let her answer.

Then ask, "If you discovered clear and conclusive evidence that the WTS was now teaching apostate doctrines or endorsing anti-Christian behavior, would you choose to stay with them (like the Catholics stay with Rome thru thick and thin) or to follow Jehovah and your Bible-trained conscience?"

I posed this question (actually a variation of it) to my JW friend. She told me adamantly that she would leave the WTS and follow Jehovah. In essence, she has committed to a higher loyalty than the WTS. It is why I feel that there is hope for her to get out. Because from there, it's a matter of showing that she really isn't abandoning her conscience or God when she learns of the "apostate" actions and teachings and whatnot that the WTS has hidden. (And which is now getting posted all over the net!)

If she feels that it is following Jehovah to let you die because of blood transfusion, then she is pulled to follow your conscience. I disagree with her, but I understand. Don't try to disengage her from her conscience so much as show her how she can, in good conscience, allow for a transfusion. For that, she would have to understand that the WTS is NOT God's organization/mouthpiece, and/or that their interpretation of blood is tentative and likely to change, and it would be risky to commit to their infallibility.

bebu

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

KW,

(((((Hugs))))), this made me so sad as I have two children too. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere without them, not even in a paradise.

Actually, if only Jehovah's Witnesses will be there, I would liken that more to a hell! Maybe they got their greek mixed up again.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

She made up a new phrase in her head: "Modern Day Abraham". Yikes. If it came to it, and she ever did make a decision like that, she'd be put in prison and WBTS would disfellowship her. It's a hypothetical situation, but an excellent demonstration of the control over her mind.

That sort of thing makes it a lot easier for me to let go of my family. Sorry kiddo, it hurts hey?

• KW13
    KW13
    I posed this question (actually a variation of it) to my JW friend. She told me adamantly that she would leave the WTS and follow Jehovah. ; In essence, ;she has committed to a higher loyalty than the WTS. It is why I feel that there is hope for her to get out. ; ; ;Because from there, it's a matter of showing that she really isn't abandoning her conscience or God when she learns of the "apostate" actions and teachings and whatnot that the WTS has hidden. ;(And which is now ;getting posted all over the net!) ; ;

If she feels that it is following Jehovah to let you die because of blood transfusion, then she is pulled to follow your conscience. I disagree with her, but I understand. ; Don't try to disengage her from her conscience so much as show her how she can, in good conscience, allow for a transfusion. ; ; ;For that, she would have to understand that the WTS is NOT God's organization/mouthpiece, and/or that their interpretation of blood is tentative and likely to change, and it would be risky to commit to their infallibility.

bebu

Very smart! I will definitely think about doing something like that!!

KW,

(((((Hugs))))), this made me so sad as I have two children too. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere without them, not even in a paradise.

Actually, if only Jehovah's Witnesses will be there, I would liken that more to a hell! Maybe they got their greek mixed up again.

Yeh, paradise with them nutters would be hell.

She made up a new phrase in her head: "Modern Day Abraham". ; Yikes. ; If it came to it, and she ever did make a decision like that, she'd be put in prison and WBTS would disfellowship her. ; It's a hypothetical situation, but an excellent demonstration of the control over her mind. ;

That sort of thing makes it a lot easier for me to let go of my family. ; Sorry kiddo, it hurts hey?

Yeh, it does hurt a bit but hell, i know where i stand. i made it clear i would never do that to her and you could see by her face she thought it was a problem.

Thank you all for your kind words, i appreciate it. were all in a similar situation and it does help!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit