So i asked her

by KW13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Mum, i said.

"If you were forced to decide, either quit being a witness or your son will die what would you choose?"

She said.

"Well, i'd choose Jehovah"

I thought she'd attempt to cover it up, maybe say "i don't know" or even shout at me but she answered that, she's confused thinking that pleasing God is being a witness, and i'd have to die because of her beliefs...deep down i knew the answer but it confirmed a few things for me.

I ain't shocked or upset but...if i was in the same situation, i would never ever let someone else suffer what i believe, that isn't just.

But she added something else

"i would get you in the paradise"

• under_believer
    under_believer
    "i would get you in the paradise"

That's the whole thing, you see? No matter what crazy policies they have, EVEN IF THEY ARE IN ERROR, they don't matter, because the resurrection will fix everything and bring everyone back. It's then cast as a matter of faith. Not accepting this policy that could result in loss of life which is based on really shaky scriptural grounds betrays a lack of faith in God.

• Dune
    Dune

the WTBS has effectively transferred Jehovah and Jehovah's Will into the corporation. Doing Jehovah's will is synomous with doing the will of the "visible organization". Perhaps if you worded it like, "Would you rather keep going to meetings or keep donating monies to the organization?" or something along that line?

• KW13
    KW13

lol, yeh i see!

Apparently that was meant to make me feel better the WTBS has effectively transferred Jehovah and Jehovah's Will into the corporation. Doing Jehovah's will is synomous with doing the will of the "visible organization". Perhaps if you worded it like, "Would you rather keep going to meetings or keep donating monies to the organization?" or something along that line?

Maybe! i'd like at some point to be able to show her the two are seperate completely.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

My mom told me she would let me die first before authorizing a blood transfusion. Thankfully my dad was never a dubby and would have made sure I received blood when I was a minor. When I became of age I specifically told my physician that my mother was not to make any medical decisions for me and I have it in writing that my dad or siblings would make any medical decisions.

• KW13
    KW13
    My mom told me she would let me die first before authorizing a blood transfusion

again, as you said on very poor scriptural basis. these people play God and influence peoples minds so much. what happens i wonder, to the maternal instinct?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    what happens i wonder, to the maternal instinct?

I told mom it was not normal for a mother to think like that. She said not accepting blood was a protection and that she would be protecting me as a parent. Maternal instinct goes right out the window along with your mind where that cult is concerned.

• Highlander
    Highlander

She said not accepting blood was a protection

Protection from what? Not accepting, certainly won't protect from death.

Yeah, I know what they'd say,, not accepting blood, though resulting in death, will prove that you are loyal to jehovah/watchtower corp and therefore he'll remember you in the

'new system'

What a bunch of crap I say!

• luna2
    luna2

Typical dub dubbery answer. I think I probably would have answered in a similar manner...but the real test is when you are presented with an either/or situation.

My youngest son did that. Told me he either would get to play sports and socialize with friends at school or he'd go live with his father (who I believe lived in Arizona at the time, so I would not have been able to see him regularly). He didn't say it in a snotty way, he was being completely honest and was quite respectful and fairly depressed. Still, it cut me to the heart. I was already having doubts about the JW thing...how it did NOT seem to be the best way to raise children and how it seemed like all their advise and counsel was complete suckage...so I caved. Bottom line, I didn't want to lose my son for a religion that had come up short.

• loosie
    loosie

(((HUGS))) Kw13

I am a little young to be your mom but if it helps I wouldn't let you die if you were my son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit