So i asked her

by KW13 28 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13
    (((HUGS))) Kw13

I am a little young to be your mom but if it helps I wouldn't let you die if you were my son.

Thank you

• delilah
    delilah

Bottom line, I didn't want to lose my son for a religion that had come up short.

No kidding, Luna. I totally understand this one. My family comes first and formost before ANY man-made religion ever will!!! Good for you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ KW }}}}}}}}}}}}}}} My parents think the exact same way. Thank gawd I was a healthy child/teen, and lived through the whole JW ordeal, in order to make my own adult decisions!

• KW13
    KW13

thanks delilah.

• luna2
    luna2
    No kidding, Luna. I totally understand this one. My family comes first and formost before ANY man-made religion ever will!!! Good for you.

Thanks, delilah...but, boy, at the time (even though the whole JW mythos was starting to fall apart for me) I felt extremely guilty. I'm glad now, of course.

KW, we'll just hope your mom comes around one day. This religion is treacherous.

• KW13
    KW13

I hope so too luna.

Thanks, delilah...but, boy, at the time (even though the whole JW mythos was starting to fall apart for me) I felt extremely guilty. ; I'm glad now, of course.

I can imagine how pleased you feel now You did something human but it turned out to be the right choice!!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Someday, if she ever wakes up from the cult, she will just kick herself for what she said to you!

• wednesday
    wednesday

KW13 are you actually 13? if you are do you have someone who will insit you get blood if you need it?

• moanzy
    moanzy

KW,

On the line of stupid and hurtful things our parents say-- when I was still a witness and getting professional councelling, I was told to go home and make a list of all the good things about myself. Things that I liked about me or good qualities etc. At that time I really couldn't see any good in me so I phoned my mom thinking that a mom always loves you and knows all the good about their children.(I had very low self-esteem)

So I phone her and tell her my assignment and ask her if she could help me out with some good qualities. Her answer," Hmmm.... Yes.... Hmmm..... Well I'm sure there is something good about you."

My mom would sacrifice her children for the Watchtower Society too.

Moanzy

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

It was a loaded question you gave her, but I think she gave you an 'on the fence' answer. If she was truly dub-crazy, she would say, 'jehovahs organisation'. If she wasn't dub at all, she would have said, my children. She gave you the non-descript JW non-answer, which gives me some hope about your situation. She was backpedaling, which means that she does still love you, but the borg is still firmly entrenched. I think that mothers, at least the ones without previous mental problems, can admit the fact that their young would come first no matter what happened, but when pressed with an answer in a 'loaded' situation would always take the JW stance. Give her time. Being young right now is an advantage. If you live your life in a less crazy way, and don't challenge her, you may win her over. Use the JW psychology stuff on her, but reverse it for your own uses. Teach her that life is not religion, but love. I hope you can get through to her.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''She said not accepting blood was a protection ''

And as for trying to separate God from the Org - good luck KW13.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit