the lion will eat straw like the lamb...

by DannyBloem 45 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Alls I know is if you feed an animal much staw and nothing else, it will die of starvation or twisted stomach, whichever comes first.

You don't get grain without a stalk - the straw is a necessary part of the whole thing, and useful - the story carries the seed that we can eat, and plant You can't Li ve on nothing but straw, like down at the kingdumb barn - it'll sustain you for a while -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jesus is the bread - you know - from certain seed ? formed with fire Yes, the lion will eat straw ---------------------------------------------------------- Does no-one here understand this language ?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Stillawitness,

The bible promise is of a heavenly resurrection, not an earthly paradise. Most religions accept that these verses are under poetic license, referring to the restoration of ancient Israel to the promised land. It is not prophetic for a never ending paradise on earth.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Watchtower 1969 9/1 P.543-544

Questions from Readers

Some animals have characteristics that seem especially suited to killing, such as lions and poisonous snakes. How can this be, if they were all vegetarians at one time?—L. K.,

It is understandable that this question might arise, for as things stand now many animals do kill one another for food. But please note that this is as things stand now. Is there anyone on the earth who can say from personal observation how these animals acted six thousand years ago?

we can observe in the past. There is enough fossil evidence that animals were not at peace with eachother in the past.

if some want to read up, this explains it well: http://www.freeminds.org/science/bio.htm

the article in the wt from 69 is clear. but quite old.

but the article posted from the it (insight) is not clear at all.
    As they always do, when some subjects are hot and controversial they do not publish anything about it. According to franz, this is a deliberate thing to avoid controverses. The do not have the guts to just say again that they are wrong. They hope that in time people will forget.
    (The did the same for a long time with the days of creation that were supposingly 7000 years each)

anyway thanks all for the answers

Danny B

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Dear Danny,

Little Bo Peep did some research into this at one time and I was amazed that she found that the Society believes this already occured. But that it has "greater" fullfillment in our day! Being raised in the organization, I thought I knew all their teachings very well. However, this point, was new to me! When after Adam and Eve did the animals ever be at peace with one another again?? Aparently they teach that it was only symbolic and it was refering to the Jews return to their homeland after they were released from captivity. Here is the article that explains this. What is interesting, is since 607 is not a factual date for the destruction of Jerusalem, then you don't have 1914. So the Societys future fullfillment really has no foundation based on those dates. Could it be that this scripture was fullfilled already, and then, that was it?? Having no further application?? It is definately worth some consideration. Anyhow,I thought you may find this interesting. I know I sure did!!!

Sincerely,

Thank you Lady liberty for this peace of information.
    Strange turn they give to this provecy.

• greendawn
    greendawn

IP SEC you are right that cows can't live on straw alone and that's what I stated. It doesn't have enough protein, vitamins and minerals to sustain life and therefore it has to be complemented with hay for example.

Don't forget the JWs can also say that these carnivorous animals were meant to be scavengers to clear away dead animals.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    the lion will eat straw like the lamb...

After it's eaten up all the evil apostates
    20.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit