the lion will eat straw like the lamb...

by DannyBloem 45 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Or something like that.

I think not any one real sund in mind can believe this unquestionably.

Anyway, what is ths current point of view of the jw's on this?

Is is so, that they also believe that in the time of Adam and before it was literal like this?

DB

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi Danny long time no see. Lions are obviously not made to eat sraw, cows and other ruminants have bacteria in their stomachs that can digest the cellulose in straw, and this is one of the great aspects of bacteria, with their help cows etc can finally turn straw into milk and meat.

However the JWs will either say that the above verse is symbolic or that God can and will change the digestive systems of the lions to enable them to digest straw. There is a supernatural interference in the story.

• heretic
    heretic

when you realy think about these stories that you took as true without question it seems crazy but we were all there once so we need to be gentle with our soon to be X jw drones

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Hi greendawn,

yes I have/ (had I hope) some RSI problems. some did spend as few as possible time on the computer :(

anyway I know that about bacteria. and there are lots of other reasons, why killermachines like lions won't eat straw...

but do they official believe that god will change the lion, and then has he changed it when adam sinned (according to them)

I know that many of us believe these things once. But this point is even very controversion among dubs...

DB

• nelly136
    nelly136

back to the drawing board on creation again,

first adam and eve...perfect.....ooops maybe not.

now the meat eaters have to be redesigned.........ooops again.

so are they saying big J screwed up creation on carnivores too? if they were supposed to eat straw why didnt he make em that ways to start with........

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Greendawn makes a valuable point. How would the selfsame JWs feel about being fed on a diet of straw? Simply put they would be in no better a position to digest it than would the lion.

Good to see ya, Danny

• nelly136
    nelly136

if god was so pro vegen why did he get offended by cains sacrificial offering? why did summat always have to die or suffer to make him happy? (that puzzled me as a kid)

• nelly136
    nelly136

they'd better get used to a high fibre diet LT, not seen one decent barbie with steaks on any of those paradise pics,

• nelly136
    nelly136

your post post made me wanna google,so i put in 'how many carnivores' and got.....

a sweet page with a pic at the bottom that looks like its come fresh out of a borg publication.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carnivores.html

Adam, Eve and all the animals were created to eat only vegetation (see comments on Genesis 1:29-30). Nothing died prior to the spiritual fall of Adam and Eve (see comments on Genesis 3:19 and 3:21).

and goes on to explain why animals were created originally to eat vegetation.....even spiders, web spinning being a useless occupation until after sin was invented.

if it hadnt had this about neanderthals i'da thought it was a dub site.

When we look at the teeth of the first humans (Neanderthals) we see that they had larger molars and smaller canine teeth than we do. They had thicker enamel (they would need this if they lived longer than we do), and had well worn third molars, or wisdom teeth.

cant say i've ever seen any neanderthal people in paradise pics. does that mean they wont be ressurected?

• nelly136
    nelly136
    http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2004/2/22a/article_03.htm
    Pets in God's New World

Indeed, wild animals will then be in submission, even to little children! The Bible says: "The wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them."

But that is not all! The scripture continues: "The cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra; and upon the light aperture of a poisonous snake will a weaned child actually put his own hand. They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea."—

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit