have advise for me?

by mouthy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have a friend ( who posts here) he is bringing his son ( 14) to London England to see the Rolling Stones are any of you in London to meet up? or can you advize him of some interesting sites to show his lad?

I posted this before ...but it didnt seem to come up!!! if it comes up twice I am sorry.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh, I am so envious. I've been missing England. Here's a great web site. The Lonely Planet books are great for info:

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are lots of interesting things to visit and most of them are in the centre in a two square mile area and easy to walk from place to place to see them. Most tourists visit Madame Tussaud (wax figures) museum, British musuem, Covent Garden, Leicester square, Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Buckinham palace, Houses of Parliament, London eye, and further out Natural History and Science museum, Saint Paul's cathedral, Greenwich etc

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sorry, I'm at the other end of the country.

I'll just help by btt' ing

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Robdar..

Greendawn that is a very helpful list. I used to live in London up to my 19th year. I had forgotten them all thanks.

Sademo....No butting (smile

• KW13
    KW13

Well, again i am at the poor end of the UK 'Up north' but Greendawn has mentioned the best ones i think

• nelly136
    nelly136

london dungeons, planetarium, the rolling stones might not remember which stadium theyre playing at but theyre a brilliant show, he'll love it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

whens he coming over?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Aug !!I cant remember the date. He is divorced !!! So just him & son...But I will ask him the date

• 68storm
    68storm

Hi all! Yes I am the one that is lucky enough to see the Stones in London (Dream come true for a Stones nut like me). I have been up north (Ontario, Canada) for the weekend and just saw this. I had no idea that dear Granny would post this (Thanks Grace). She is always worried about everyone except herself. Thank you all for responding. I had planned a trip to Italy (Where I was born a thousand years ago) with my son. I had the pleasure of seeing the Stones many times over the years. I brought my son Daniel for the first time when he was only six. Toward the end of the concert he fell asleep. Noone around us could believe it. The stadium was thundering. He was upset that he did not hear them do Satisfaction. Anyway, I got the great idea of flying into London before Rome and catch the Stones in their home turf. The concert that we are seeing is on August 22, 2006. It was supposed to be played at Wembley but has changed to Twickenham. We are flying in on the 21st and out to Rome on the 23rd. I will have approx 3 days to spare at the end of the trip (Sept. 12th we leave for Toronto) and would like to have a cheer or two with someone that is close to London. Regards, 68storm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit