How did the WT art affect you? Did you find subliminal WT art as a JW?

by freetosee 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

'fraid my scanner refuses to co operate today, But.

I was going to post up the pic on p 190 of the "Bible Teach book [2005] as a silly example. A New World pic, a family walking with a large elephant - one child perched precariously on jumbo's head, another carried by the beast entwined in its trunk. Even the most die hard dub must agree that the scene is a joke , so are they taking the p....out of their cherished beliefs?

Btw. I am with under believer on this subject. I always said that the congo read too much into the pics - I think WT conductors just look for some light relief when they discuss the pics...

Re the songbook . In the large size that I have here, they seem to have too many feet! The two men second and third right appear to have six feet between them

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jgnat,

I liked the Elliott article too!

Please see my thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/110679/1.ashx

Slim

• Lapuce
    Lapuce
    How about the picture of the JW family off to field service, with a child glancing enviously behind at the "vacationing" family scooting off in the SUV? That image was last year, still engraved on my memory.

I agree with that image too, except now I did buy the SUV and my family follows me even the dub wife on most occasions...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Months before I leftstarted questioning things, I was trying to convince my unbaptised 19 year old brother to come back to the organization. We talked of many things. But one thing he showed me that really bothered him was a picture in one of the publications. It was a newer smaller book. (I cannot remember which one, although I am sure he could.) It really bothered me after I saw it too. It was obviously VERY deliberate. And there was no way it was just our imagination either. It was definately Satanic.

L.L.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Meet the God of the Watchtower as good cop bad cop

paradise20on20earth203.jpg

deliverance2006_front.jpg Above WT 'Paradise lost to paradise regained' aka the "paradise book" was published in 1958 i was born to JW pioneer parents in 1957 so this was my first 'theocratic' coloring book

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

1992_does_god_care_22.jpg GHOULS for GOD This pic above (not from the WT) is nearly identical to a Black and White 2' X 4' "visual aid" that my Jehovah's Witness elder dad used in Kingdom Hall sermons (public talks) all during the mid to late 1960's.Yes,us good little Jehovah kiddies would be sitting pretty as you please front row center.

• DannyHaszard
  • DannyHaszard
  • freetosee
    freetosee

For sometime we had an interested woman attending out Book Study as we were going through the ‘Revelation Grand Climax!’ She had two little children, one of them kept crying so the other child started as well. The child was scared of the pictures in the book! But the reactions of the brothers were not very understanding towards the little child, it was seen as disturbance. This made the mother feel very uncomfortable and embarrassed.

So the following week the mother gave her son children’s picture books to look at and distract him from the Revelation! book. As a result the Witness children also wanted their children’s books and comics to look at during the meeting and again this caused a lot of distraction and discomfort to other parents.

After the BS meeting this problem was discussed. One JW parent voiced that their children have nightmares because of the WT pictures and others agreed. One non-parent JW suggested to tape over the Rev! book pictures to solve the problem. Another parent mentioned that the teacher noticed their child drawing lots of monster pictures at school which the parent was embarrassed about and blamed the WT literature (off course not to the teacher).

The decision was made by the BS conductor (my father) that other than WT literature is not acceptable at Jehovah’s place of worship. So it was ok to have children look at books like the ‘Greatest Man’ or ‘My Book of Bible Stories’. My father also put this on the agenda for the body to approve. As he told me, a few elders thought only the material in discussion should be brought to the meeting, but they were outnumbered.

In my congregation mother with active children didn’t get much support, at times a (former missionary, today a CO) elder would counsel or complain directly from the platform to mothers with crying children and ask them (actually send them) downstairs.

I wonder what he would say about this picture?

jw.gif

Freetosee

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    BOOZE1.jpg

Detox Joe Rutherford "keg party" watchtowerlogo.jpg

JoyDonAndPyramid1999.jpg

May 15 1984  WT whatwillthe1970sbring10-8-1968.jpg

Awake1968.jpg
    wt.gif

Share this

Google+