Another reason the WTS doesn't want JWs on the net?

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

• We all pretty well understand that the WTS tells JWs that bing on the internet is dangerous to their spiritual standing because people on the net are controlled by Satan

But... maybe there is a second reason.

• We also know that the WTS believes if people read the WT literature they will come to the wrong conclusions. People require someone to sit with them and read every paragraph of a WT book to make sure they understand the book in the right way.
    • We know the website for the WTS is pretty sanitized so people don't run off too quickly
    • We know there is no place on the WTS' website for discussion

Recently someone made a post about how difficult it was to get a subscription to WT literature. They insisted on sending people to his door to give him the mags.

We have had many JW apologists on this board and I assume they are out there all over the net trying to defencd WT dogma

But, as we have seen here, when the question gets too tough, they run, or change the subject, or maintain the WT teaching automatically as if saying it over and over will make it true.

Which brings me to the point of this discussion.

The WTS doesn't want JWs on the internet trying to "teach" people, or to try to bring some back. The WTS knows its teachings can't be explained logically. The WTS knows how they look to the world.

JWs are taught how to "witness" on a one-to-one basis or to a family group. But they have no preparation to address many people on the internet.

Some sites (like this one) gets hundreds, even thousands of hits per day. There is no way a JW can defend his faith when people have the luxury of time and the immediacy of the internet to prove JWs wrong.

The polic about internet activity isn't just to keep them in. It is also to stop the WTS from looking as sick and controlling as it is.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

What your saying is that they will only talk to people if they do it by their rules, in the safety of an environment they create. As you say they simply walk away when the going gets tough as their minds have been conditioned to act by their leaders.

How many of us would admit to being stumbled by someone who has a genuine argument on the doors, saying we will research and come back, only to shut our minds to it and never return, because they are 'trying to weaken our faith'.

CS 101

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Excellent points Lady Lee and Cyberdene.

I remember wondering why my mum didn't go back to some householders who raised questions that there wasnt a readymade answer for in the reasoning book.

• anewme
    anewme

I think they prey upon the weak and lonely and unhappy and disturbed.

If they came to my door today and tried to place the shackles on me today I would loudly refuse the safe cell they offer.

"Come be our slave and we can almost guarantee you will see Paradise, almost"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good post Lady Lee

I lost count of the number of times I left a door having been unable to answer the householders question satisfactorily, and I rarely went back after doing research. I have noticed how the jw apologists who come on here always want things on their own terms, and rarely, if ever, attempt to answer a question. They are a bit like a fish out of water, I suppose.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is also the fact that JWs tend to mouth off, exaggerate, minimize wrongs and out-right lie when trying to convince an "interested person" that the Watchtower Society has the "truth". When a JW does all of this in a one-on-one study in a person's home, there is no record of what was said so the "interested" person cannot prove any of the lies or deceptions. It comes down to a he-said-she-said situation where no one can really sort out what exactly happened or what was really said. Observers who try to sort out what really happened end up being overwhelmed and just drop the whole matter... the JW then walks away proclaiming his innocence and declaring persecution. A win-win situation for the JW and the Watchtower Soceity.

On the Internet, things are very different! There is a *permanent* record of everything said for the whole world to read... no denying the blatant lies and deceptions that are used in a "study".

Edited to expand on FullofDoubt's comment... Very true! There is also the fact that when a JW gets "Cornered" by someone who knows what they are talking about the failure of the JW is only known to the house-holder and the JW. With the internet EVERYONE can see every single failure of the JWs as they attempt to convert but are rebuffed by those who know how. Once again... the record of every single one of these events will remain on the internet for everyone to see. The JWs cannot hide their preaching failures on the internet!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The JWs cannot hide their preaching failures on the internet! Elsewhere

Thank God!!!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

It all falls in with the policy of control. The same policy that has been around since the days of Rutherford. Take their method of bible studies, whether at a place of meeting, or at a bible study. The environment is controlled by the society. We would read a paragraph, and answer a question on that paragraph. All scripted. The study conductor will monitor responses, and keep them within the realms of the ‘correct’ response. If any deviation occurs, a good study conductor will guide the discussion back to the ‘correct’ path.

Also, the only way a member of the audience can make a point, while at the meeting, is by the grace of the study conductor. If and dissention is felt, the person causing the ‘problem’ will become mute, as far as the continuation of the discussion goes.

The people at the meetings are known as ‘like minded’. It’s a subtle method of mind control. The information taught flows in one direction. There is no real discussion going on at a bible study / meeting. Every one knows what they should say. They will also feel the group pressure if statements are made outside the official script. After many meetings of the same doctrine repeated, over and over, people become, ‘like minded’.

It works very well. 6 million people are testimony to this.

Mother -> Congos -> Study conductor -> sheep

There are no ‘outsiders’ invited to participate in these discussions. Outsiders, no matter what their expertise in any given field maybe, can discuss the information delivered; say at the watchtower study, unless the study conductor deems them as ‘like minded’.

Most of us would probably have witnessed a little dissention, at some time during our Jdub lives. We all know how quickly this, outside the societies box, thinking is removed. And, if it persists, we all thought how sad, for the person is obviously being controlled by demonz.

Well, this tidy little arraignment breaks down when in Internet is involved. Everyone is invited. Experts are allowed to speak. Evidence and fact are a couple of mouse clicks away. Mother loses control.

So, to regain that control, Mother informs every one that Demonz influence the Internet.

People become scared of inviting said demonz into their home.

I would like to see some stats on how many JW lurkers here, while reading these posts, have heard noises at home, had doors close because of an imbalance of air pressure, suffered a headache, had their computer freeze, or that telephone call from another witness ‘out of the blue’, and attributed it to angles or demonz.

steve

• KW13
    KW13

It allows people to read real feelings, if they are in the ORG and protected from the 'internet' it stops them seeing the raw truth which would speak clearer than any elder.

The witnesses are taught to think were just here for their entertainment and that we've got this intention to mislead them. Wishful thinking, i couldn't care less about the Society but i do care about the fact people are hurt from its lies.

• jw
    jw

OMG

What will ya come up with next!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit