Another reason the WTS doesn't want JWs on the net?

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

heathen

Yup that's a huge part of the problem. Even JWs who have been with the WTS for decades can't even begin to explain what they believe because

• it is too confusing
    • it changes constantly back and forth
    • they need a book in front of them to read word for for and still don't get it.

Is it any wonder when we post somwething quite simple they can't see what is written right in front of them.

My mother has been a JW since the mid 60's. I doubt she could explain anything. I know she couldn't expalin it 20 years ago and I doubt she has progressed much.

So getting back to the main point here, is it any wonder they can't explain it.The wts doesn't have a discussion board on their site because they know they can't have all the counter-arguments sitting out there on their own website for all to see.

They are pretty busy trying to close down the websites that expose their faulty teachings - even when it comes to their own words

Can you imagine if all JWs were busy trying to defend their faith!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the whole point of scaring the dubs away from the internet, they know their argument system and their doctrines are so weak they can readily fall apart upon scrutiny.

It's the same reason for which they try so fiercely to isolate their inside critics by expelling them and very strictly prohibiting the JWs from having any contact with them.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You're so right Lady Lee - the WTBTS knows that a ''one on one'' (on 'the knocker'(FS) etc) is a more 'saturated' solution than the internet where there's too much real information.....

• heathen
    heathen

Yah really . It's hard to prove you've always had the truth when they can't even make up their mind what the truth is . Then they have to exsplain how the bible shows their lack of discernment as being part of the refining work ............blah blah blah ........... OH man the mental gymnastics involved here is to the point absurdity . Let's just throw in the Chaz Russell with his egyptology ..........................

• spiceant
    spiceant

the internet as we know it is probably "infested" by worldly people and there would be litle sense behind exposing JW's to that.

A discussion board on the watchtower.com site can quickly become the focal point of a flame war.

• Scully
    Scully

They seemed to have forgotten the instructions they received from Mother™, just a few short years ago:

Transcript: Beware of the Voice of Strangers

Another area where we need to exercise extreme caution is in what we hear in news reports and documentaries. Now, we’ve touched on documentaries before, where they are promoted by the apostates, and they are becoming more and more prevalent; it’s obvious. But sometimes things are presented as truth in the media, but they’re not truth, or at least they’re not the whole truth, and they’re not presented by apostates, and the apostates have no connection with them. Maybe it’s just an overzealous reporter trying to make a name for himself and added to that he doesn’t like Jehovah’s Witnesses, and so he goes out and he spreads lies about them. How do you feel when you hear reports like that? Doesn’t make you feel good, does it? In fact, doesn’t it get you upset inside? I feel upset inside when that happens, at least temporarily. And we should be upset, we don’t like to hear things like that.

Something we want to keep in mind, friends, is that we don’t want to be personally refuting these untruths unless Jehovah’s Organization assigns us to do that publicly. Now when we talk to people in our ministry and elsewhere and they bring up points about what they have heard or read, sure, then we can present the truth to them. But we don’t want to be doing that publicly, because that very often just leads to worse reports about us.

Yep... it's kind of like you can dress up a JW but you can't take him anywhere... they'll end up saying something to embarrass the whole fam-damily.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG Scully

But we don’t want to be doing that publicly, because that very often just leads to worse reports about us.

I can't believe you knew exactly where to get that.

And all along I thought they were just trying to isolate the JWs.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

jw, it tis true the Watchtower has conditioned it's members to demonize anything outside of themself. I didn't realize that fact until I was out and all good little dubs told me that "It is not true that the Governing Body would approve of belonging to the NGO/DPI at the UN." "Whoever told you that is from Satan"

yu see jw, Every truth from my mouth becomes a word from a demon. Even show them proof.

Why is that jw? Why can't you accept the truth about the lie?

• heathen
    heathen

Yes , the demons know and shudder ..................WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I guess the WTBTS has enough lawyers to argue on their behalf they don't need members trying to, it could only make things worse .

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

In the end their "witnesses" is actually only for the ignorant, I am quite sure of it. Their books, magazines, and tracts all appeal to people who have no Bible knowledge or an understanding of history. They are for the ignorant only. Ask to many questions and your not invited. It makes perfect sense that they would want people to be kept in the dark, especially with the net and even more importantly COLLEGE! Their arguments would never last there, why else do you think JWs can't go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit