Another reason the WTS doesn't want JWs on the net?

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Lee

I guess it helps that it's one of my topics, and that I worked on the transcription of that talk with Euphemism and Odrade (and that part in particular).

countdown to 10K: 7 posts left!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Now when we talk to people in our ministry and elsewhere

Yeah, they're always coming around bugging me.

• jojochan
    jojochan
  • We know there is no place on the WTS' website for discussion
  • And they know better than to allow an open forum on their website. When their at the door they have "control" of the conversation and with the publications in their hands they can steer and direct the discussion. And the householder is stuck there.I know, I've done it before.

On the internet forums like this one, YOU have the control to STOP, get infromation on the topic at hand and go for a rebuttal at your own time.

The society always call for control, the internet strips them of such IMHO.

my two cents,

jojochan.

• heathen
    heathen

They really are more like the catholic church than they realize . The church would kill people for disagreeing and the WTBTS will kill you socially and hope you do burn in judgement . That's probly why they don't bother with us because we aren't the "meek" they are looking for . We are beyond taking their word for things just on the merit system because we know full well they are liars . I think what they hope to do is find people that are completely ignorant of their history and false prophesy so they can't get an argument out of them but merely beat you over the head with dogma . It's clear that the only growth they may have at this time is in countries that are not up to speed .

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    LadyLee wrote: The polic about internet activity isn't just to keep them in. It is also to stop the WTS from looking as sick and controlling as it is.

Interesting take. I had never thought of this one before.

But you are right. Whether they thought that through or not, it's true.

Nice post. Thanks!

-Aude.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I remember wondering why my mum didn't go back to some householders who raised questions that there wasnt a readymade answer for in the reasoning book.

I had a friend ask me this question when I told her I was raised a JW. She reads her bible regularly, goes to church etc. When JW's came to the door she actually wanted to talk to them. She wondered why they never came back again! It's because they couldn't discuss just the Bible with her and couldn't be bothered answering any questions.

BB

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's also a matter of increased access to knowledgable people.

How many years of field service would it take for a dub to call on someone as knowledgable about the pubs as blondie? How many minutes would it take for someone to post something here without someone the likes of blondie answering the question?

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I would like to see some stats on how many JW lurkers here, while reading these posts, have heard noises at home, had doors close because of an imbalance of air pressure, suffered a headache, had their computer freeze, or that telephone call from another witness ‘out of the blue’, and attributed it to angles or demonz.

That reminds me of the first time I picked up Crisis of Conscience and started to read it, alone in my room. I was jumpy and was certain that a demon attack was "imminent" because of this literature I was reading. LOL! That was 8 years ago. How far I've come since then.

• darinwilson
    darinwilson

Haha Soledad, I remember feeling the same way, looking over my shoulder etc... It makes me cringe to think I was so dumbed down by the WT. Thankfully, like you I have also come a long long way, isn't it great to be normal!!!! Take Care D

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I think many good points have been made here regarding the internet and college (knowledge). Look what happened to "SickofLies" when he asked questions that the elders knew he had them dead to rights on. His "education" and "IQ" were attacked. If the WT is really a Bible-based organization, why can't it defend it's beliefs from JUST the Bible?? Why all the publications? And why would an elder say, "If the Watchtower says it, that's good enough for me!"??

Very sad that so many people who might mean well are so very ignorant of their OWN ignorance. What an irony!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit