Brainwashed Children

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 29 Replies latest jw friends

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

I noticed an elder showed a picture of "Paradise" and asked "who are the people dipicted"...
    Serveral children answered and said the same thing "They (look like they) are witnesses" --
    It was as if these children were taught that only JWs are right... which they probably were
    I feel bad at some point... knowing that these children probably view me and others as "worldly"
    These children were only about 8-10.. this kinda makes me worry. Will they grow up hating worldly people?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Will they grow up hating worldly people?

I think it is more likely they will fear worldly people and what might happen to them if they socialize with them. Outsiders are controlled by Satan and are therefore dangerous and act as a snare to drag the disobedient ones out of the WTS

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    These children were only about 8-10.. this kinda makes me worry. Will they grow up hating worldly people?

When I was still just a study, I caught a ride from one of the Elders wives (Mrs Lawrey sp*) to the meeting that night. They were having a talk about something and all of the sudden her then 10 year old son said that he couldn't wait until Jah killed all the "worldly people". My jaw about hit the floor! Well, she must have seen me because she said rather quick that we should be praying that the worldy people come into the truth not that they die. Makes you wonder what that child and other jw kids are told at home away from "worldly" ears.

• gumby
    gumby
    I feel bad at some point... knowing that these children probably view me and others as "worldly"

LadyLee hit the nail on the head. All outside the Organisation will be destroyed. These teachings are presented and taught in every single publication written for the young ones. Look as you will ay ANY publication for the youth and you'll find a chapter dealing with bad association and the horrible consequences that befall all who have them.

The society will always use the most horrific story they can find in the scriptures that deals with the bad results of any who associate "outside" of his people....such as the story of "Dinah".

Here's a lovely pic from the "Great Teacher" book,

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I didn't hate people, I felt sorry for them, sad that Jehovah was going to kill worldly people like you.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I was taught that all the worldly people would die at armageddon unless they accepted the "truth". The funny thing is that I couldn't quite understand why God would destroy

these nice people when our home life was a living hell. It was hard to understand how these people who had nice kids and good families, but celebrated pagan holidays would

be destroyed by God, but our family that was violent would be saved because we had the RIGHT religion. I may have accepted what I was taught, but I certainly couldn't explain

it.

Moanzy

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

My husband said when he was a child he had terrible nightmares with the pictures in the Paradise Book,that is what the whole organization is about frightening people to keep them in control.

• nelly136
    nelly136

ya gumby, nothing like a nice bedtime story to drift off to sleep to,

miss m-g, the babies being offered up the idol used to be one of my best paradise book nightmares, it wasnt anywhere near as graphic or colourful as the crap theyre foisting on the kids now.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    Here's a lovely pic from the "Great Teacher" book,

When we got this book a couple of years ago for the 1st time I immediately looked to the back to see if there were any pictures of destruction. I was absolutely astounded when I saw this. I felt like ripping it out of my kids book.

The funny thing is, I remember a conversation about the manner in which worldly people will die at the big A and the dubs thoughts were that it would not be a painful death. "Their breath will simply be taken from them"

Evil `brainwashed` bastards.

• KW13
    KW13

Like it or not, it is brainwashing. Even what wasn't said to you, the impression left was that Witnesses only will survive. Look at that picture gumby posted, in many more pictures it shows the destruction of innocent people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit