Book Study Parties...New Trend ???

by Poztate 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Do they know she is married to a "poztate"? That could be why she gets special attention.

Nope...Just a happy 25 year fader as far as anyone is concerned. I try to get is subtle points against the WT when I can but never expect my wife will ever see the light about the dubs.

• loosie
    loosie

My parents had even in the congo over to there house. Not all at one time by invited them over by bookstudy groups on different occasions. that was 25 years ago.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've been gone a looooooooong time and it was done back then. But again, I live in WT NY State.

We were forced to go to the book study closest to our house & instructed numerous times to prepare for Armageddon by being very close to the ppl at the book study. Their Armageddon Preparedness Plan was to memorize everyone's phone # and gather according to book study assignments so we could hide out together with our rations and secret hideaways.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can't think of anything more boring than a JW party. Every time I went to one I spent most of the time trying to think of an excuse to escape.

W

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I can't think of anything more boring than a JW party. Every time I went to one I spent most of the time trying to think of an excuse to escape.

W

I always get the invite to go along with my wife but have always declined to attend "congregation functions" They are usually boring and we all know what the usual topics for discussion are.....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We were forced to go to the book study closest to our house & instructed numerous times to prepare for Armageddon by being very close to the ppl at the book study. Their Armageddon Preparedness Plan was to memorize everyone's phone # and gather according to book study assignments so we could hide out together with our rations and secret hideaways.

It almost seemed to be a program to ramp up the paranoia and expectation in the runup to 1975. I recall something close to the same thing where I lived at the time.We liked to discuss persecution a lot and how well we would stand up under it. We definately lived in our own little world.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I remember her always emphasizing to me that it would be the study conductors that would know who to look for when persecution comes and if you weren't in with your book study then you wouldnt know where the meetings were. Then of course the big A would come and you'd be screwed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit