A wake up call to those spiritually asleep.

by The Scotsman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thanks for coming here, and thanks for letting us answer a few questions that you have. You have raised a few issues that should be dealt with, and I applaud you for coming to a largely anti-Witness site and having the cajones to raise these issues.

As you can see, many of us were damaged by the JW religion, or so we felt, and we have a nice community here supports each other emotionally and physically, and we all want everyone to feel welcome.

The reason most of us are here is that we feel that we have been damaged, hurt, or wronged by the JW community, doctrine, and beliefs, and we are all here to commiserate and share our stories so that those that are newly coming out of the community will have a safe place to fall.

For me: the Witnesses saying that the end was going to come in 1975 was the end for me. I had not believed for over 6 years at that point. I was really down on the fact that women were in subjection, even though God said that he created *all* of us in his image, which was perfect. I came into the Witnesses at 3 years old, not of my own volition, but by that of my over-zealous Mother. I had no choice. I was in this religion because they made me be in this religion. I knew, at 7 years old, that I didn't want to be here. I was counting the years til I could get out.

It all boils down to one scripture. The one that says if anyone prophesies in the name of the lord and that it does not come true, they are the ones you have to be fearful of. The Witnesses have said that Armagheddon will be here several times, and it never comes true. The Bible says that we have to watch out for those people that predict the end. It says that it will come like a "thief in the night." No one knowing the time or the day, and yet here is this religion predicting time and again that this battle of armagheddon will be here in this year, that year, etc. That is the sign we look for for a false prophet. Telling those things that will come about and are not true. That is the CLUE that we look for.

CG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Deserters often appease their conscience by trying to convince themselves that the WT organisation has got it all wrong

I personally need no further convincing. I left because I felt many things were wrong, and after I'd read Crisis of Conscience I knew for certain that my feelings were correct, they have got it all wrong.

Scotsman, I suggest you read COC, it might open your eyes a little.

• avishai
    avishai

Wow, scotsman, you've come along way.

• besty
    besty

Classic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit