A wake up call to those spiritually asleep.

by The Scotsman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Anyway, I have had my say and its time to go.

On your way out....Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya!

Changes are coming!!!???!!!

ROTFLMAO.....Nope just the same ole thing!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ok Scotsman , I actually welcome your views. We are supposed to discuss things here so you give us the chance to do so.

I say . The Society is not only wrong on peripheral issues. The things that have been disproved are fundamental and no one claiming to be the Spirit Appointed "Channel of communication" dare be wrong so much, so often and for so long and still expect our respect. You will ask for examples, I say just read this discussion board for plenty of evidence.

Many of us have suffered , some dreadfully, some less and some just by not living the life that we would otherwise have had, because we had always believed that "Armageddon is just around the corner"

Do you feel more enlightened when you come to this website or other similar ones? No one could “honestly” say the do.

I do. This site and others like it truly are a breath of fresh air to those struggling with untenable doctrines. At last! One learns that you are not the only one, other people think just the same and have the same problems. That is so liberating..

By all means maintain the J W lifestyle if that is what you want. We do not mind . Some people will always follow anything . I hope you do have a good District Assembly.

Just remember when the day comes ,as Ecclesiastes puts it so well " The keepers of the house tremble & the men of vital energy have bent themselves and the grinding women have quit working" Recall that the end has never come , you are still waiting and must die like everybody else . Wonder then whether it has all been worth it. ????.

• metatron
    metatron

Just when you think Witnesses might be getting a little sanity and sound reasoning, an idiot like this comes along.

Which issue would like to debate? You raise too many to be practical.

As for the "faithful slave", they are among the greatest liars of the past century. They have preached that Armageddon is "Soon"

for over 120 years and set lots of specific dates for this to happen. Exactly how much false prophecy do you need?

If the Watchtower was judged by ordinary corporate standards - and not protected by the first amendment - they would be in jail

for fraud.

Even if you somehow rationalize all the 120 years of false prophecy away, you are still left with the fact that you give these people

fanatical devotion even though their track record is one of false expectations over parts of three centuries of Watchtower

history. Nothing they assert can be believed.

As for the rest of your long rambling post, I'd be glad to debate you on my favorite issue: early Christians , including Christ

and apostles, habitually avoided using the name "Yahweh" or "Jehovah". The Society is utterly deceptive about the real facts.

Care to take up my challenge? or are you just another coward who screams "apostate" and runs away in terror?

metatron

• kid-A
    kid-A

"District convention for me in 5 weeks. Changes are coming!!!???!!! "

ROFLMAO !!!! OK buddie. Enjoy your convention with your fellow brainwashed half-wits!!!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Ooops, I mean welcome.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Too easy to pick that post apart. He knows it.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

No one has to show you an "alternative." You do not have to have a replacement belief before you start questioning - that is just rediculous.

• Mary
    Mary
    Scotsman said: Some no doubt will bring up –“they have changed their understanding on these things through the years”. Yeah, that’s right. The light gets brighter my friends.

Scotsman, the scripture that you just quoted above has absolutely nothing to do with interpreting scriptures. That's the bullshit crutch that the Governing Body use whenever their embarassing predictions fail to happen. If you read the verses before the part that they take out of context, you'll see that it's talking about the pathways of life. It says:

Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way. 16 For they cannot sleep till they do evil; they are robbed of slumber till they make someone fall. 17 They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence. 18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. 19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble.

Nowhere there does it indicate or even hint that this "light" is referring to interpreting the bible. It's obviously talking about how the pathways we chose will affect us either possitively or negatively. I'm in no mood to listen to the stupid ravings of an idiot like you when you haven't a clue what you're even talking about. So take your dumb-assed comments and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Do you feel more enlightened when you come to this website or other similar ones? No one could “honestly” say the do.

Riiiight. You're a mind reader now eh? You know how everyone on here feels? I for one feel a hell of a lot better coming on here than going to the Hall sitting there hour after hour listening to the whines of the Organization telling me that I'm never doing enough.......

• trevor
    trevor

The Scotsnman

This site is full of moaners!!!!

Glad you decided to join us. You will be at home here.

• lowden
    lowden

Scotsman....you sound just like your father jehovah!

Murdered any innocent children lately???

Go and toss yer caber boyo!

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit