A wake up call to those spiritually asleep.

by The Scotsman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I say live and let live. We all need to make our own decisons in life but ---------

This site is full of moaners!!!!

You say JWs are pessimistic, look no further than this website for a double dose of misery.

And so many here blame their personal sometimes self-inflicted problems on the WT slave.

YEAH right!!!!!

Just because you do not want to apply bible council and principles does not somehow pass blame to someone else for the repercussions of that choice.

Also, you cast up the past sooooo many times, quoting WTs from decades ago.

Many here are quick to point out minor flaws in the organisation.

WHO SAID IT WAS PERFECT???? No one!

Deserters often appease their conscience by trying to convince themselves that the WT organisation has got it all wrong.

Another great tactic is what I call the “half quote”. This is when someone quotes part of a sentence, out of context so as to change its meaning.

It appears to happen here every day!!!

Tell me this -

Are the faithful and discreet slave wrong about –

70 weeks of years.

Gentile times.

The image of Nebuchadnezzar dream.

The king of the North and South.

That these are the last days.

Jesus died on a “Stake”.

The trinity is pagan in origin.

Gods Kingdom set up in 1914.

Armageddon is Gods war.

Paradise awaits the righteous.

144000 go to heaven.

Resurrection to Earth for most.

Everlasting life for faithful humans.

The fall of Babylon the Great.

I could go on……

I ask that you all do one of two things –

Either agree that the Faithful slave have got it right – or show me the alternative.

Do not just reply by saying – Yeah, the WT have got it all wrong. Show the alternative to the WT society.

Some no doubt will bring up –“they have changed their understanding on these things through the years”.

Yeah, that’s right. The light gets brighter my friends.

Do you feel more enlightened when you come to this website or other similar ones? No one could “honestly” say the do.

A quote from a poster is as follows –

Drew Sagan, May 15 th .

((They (JWs) create their own set of dogma, and then judge the world by it. If you celebrate holidays, take blood, believe in going to heaven, the immortality of the soul, the trinity, don't go door to door, or even don't attend "Chrisitan Meetings" you arn't a "true christian".))

What, to you, constitutes a “true” Christian then?

Someone who tells their kids that Santa is real?

Or how about those who go to war and fight their fellow humans?

Drew Sagan - I find your postings a bit strange. What happened to you to justify such bitterness?

One more quote from a poster which, for the most part, hits the nail on the head. –

Samael, May 9 th .

((Forgive me if I sound rude or this question has been answered elsewhere, as I am a neophyte and discovered your site through Google in my religious studies. From reading the various posts it seems that this site serves nothing more than an iconoclastic purpose. Was your experience as JW's so traumatic that now you can but put forth such effort to demonise the religion? Why not live and let live? Do not get me wrong. I am not trying to promote the JW's. It just seems that the lot of you are acting like petulant children. Correct me, please, if I'm wrong. Is their any valid reason for the existence of this site?))

Some of the responses to this post are quite laughable.

One response from lovelylil asks, Have you ever been in a cult?

Technically speaking “lovelylil” neither have you!

Anyway, I have had my say and its time to go.

District convention for me in 5 weeks. Changes are coming!!!???!!!

The end gets ever nearer

• TheListener
    TheListener

Black propaganda, pure and simple.

• JH
    JH
    WHO SAID IT WAS PERFECT????

Who said that we have to be perfect?

The Watchtower must be judged like it judged us !!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Either agree that the Faithful slave have got it right – or show me the alternative.

The Watchtower Society has it wrong. The alternative's name is Jesus. The Watchtower's heretical Governiung Body are thieves and have stolen Him away from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Also, you cast up the past sooooo many times, quoting WTs from decades ago.

Hey if the Watchtower Bullshit and Crap Society is happy to wipe my slate clean I'm happy to forget about their's!

Deal or No Deal?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Anyway, I have had my say and its time to go.

Bye then.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have to smile when I read such posts as Scotsman. Hey ARCHIE is that you?

How many of us popped in here before leaving ready to make a defence of our beloved WTBTS teachings long before we left. I know I did, lets hope Scotsman continues to read and think.

I swear this person sounds like my ex-husband except he is more articulate than him in typing.

Balsam

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Hey if the Watchtower Bullshit and Crap Society is happy to wipe my slate clean I'm happy to forget about their's!

Deal or No Deal? Crumpet

Mwwwaaaahhhh Haaaaah Haaaah!!!

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

AMEN Tto Honesty's comment!

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

The Scotsman wrote:

Are the faithful and discreet slave wrong about –

70 weeks of years.

Gentile times.

The image of Nebuchadnezzar dream.

The king of the North and South.

That these are the last days.

Jesus died on a “Stake”.

The trinity is pagan in origin.

Gods Kingdom set up in 1914.

Armageddon is Gods war.

Paradise awaits the righteous.

144000 go to heaven.

Resurrection to Earth for most.

Everlasting life for faithful humans.

The fall of Babylon the Great.

I have yet to see any proof that they are right on any of these points, for instance the date of 1914 how do you get to that date? Oh yes its by adding to Daniels account and counting back from 1914 to 607. Babylon the Great has fallen you say? Funny how its still growing with new supporters - take Muslims for example. 144000 go to heaven? Have any contacted you from that realm?

I imagine your only here to try and stir things up, and how christian of you to turn the other cheek

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit