I saw The Exorcist last night! ...and no demon problems yet!!! ;)

by Kudra 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yee haw!

I am working my way through all the movies that are supposed to open me up to demon influences in order to attract demon possession in an effort to prove whether or not there is a god.

Juuuust kidding. But seriously, I now am watching all the movies that i was utterly afraid of when I was a good lil' Dub.
    I know that the Exorcist is a pretty silly movie and no one is really scared of it, but it is a classic JW no-no. It is sort of silly how something so ordinary as seeing movies like this makes me feel finally free of all the superstitious crap I suffered from as a dub.

I also walked all the way through the house in the dark to put away my ice cream in the kitchen and wasn't at all freaked out. As I totally would have been under the hooky possession of JW paranoia.

So folks: what sort of stuff can you now do that you totally thought would attract the DEMONS when you were "under the influence" of the WTBTS???
    -K

• Pwned
    Pwned

i have seen the exorcist, but it did creep me out a little

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Be patient. They'll grab you when you least expect it.

j

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    So folks: what sort of stuff can you now do that you totally thought would attract the DEMONS when you were "under the influence" of the WTBTS???

smoke cannabis

• Kudra
    Kudra

JamesThomas-
    I assume you are serious... but I respectfully dissagree:
    I have had two experiences that I thought were demon-related. I now know that they were a sleep-paralysis sort of condition.
    I thought there was a cat or dog or something walking across my chest while asleep. Now I know that is a common experience and have read about it in books like Demon-Haunted World by carl Sagan. Even though it felt absolutely completely real and I would have testified under oath that there was a creature walking across my chest.
    Second, I awoke and "saw" a figure in my bathroom doorway that dissappeared when I fully came to. (this was in the period of my life when I was trying to quit MASTURBATION because I thought the supreme creator of the universe took interest in that sort of thingHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...so, needless to say, my mind was totally under the influence of a bunch of F-ed up old men from Brooklyn, and I was susceptable to aaaaaalllll sorts of s*%t).

Those are my fabulously exciting stories and I am so glad I am not controlled anymore by the CRAP that was injected into my brain since the age of 10.
    -K

• Spectre
    Spectre

Wha-hunh!?!?!?.....Kudra masturbates?

I saw The Exorcist some months ago in a, "why not?" moment. I remember legendary witness tales of demon possesion immediately afterwards. I saw it, eh, no big deal.

Remember the tales of demons if you ride the haunted mansion ride at Disneyland?

• under_believer
    under_believer

Scariest movie I ever saw was Jehovah's Witnesses: The Organization Behind The Name. It was easily the most frightening thing I've ever seen. I had nightmares of identically dressed, mask-of-happiness-wearing, sexually repressed young men robotically running printing presses for weeks afterwards. And the music... Oh, God, the music...

*breaks down crying*

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    I assume you are serious

It was said in jest. I am the jester. You are the jestee.

j for jest

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I know that the Exorcist is a pretty silly movie and no one is really scared of it, but it is a classic JW no-no. It is sort of silly how something so ordinary as seeing movies like this makes me feel finally free of all the superstitious crap I suffered from as a dub.

I beg to differ. My wife was totally petrified during this movie. She totally refused to watch it and forced herself to sleep. She has never been a JDub either.

• atypical
    atypical

I have also started watching movies I previously would have thought were "demonic". It's strange what a paradigm shift can do for you.

By the way, nothing's been flying around my house either. But I guess the witnesses would say that the demons are just leaving me alone because I don't go to meetings and their work is done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit