I saw The Exorcist last night! ...and no demon problems yet!!! ;)

by Kudra 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Wordly Andre-
    Oh I believe the events surrounding the trial were real.
    I don't believe in demon possession however so that part of the movie was interesting- sort of a "mass hysteria" of the the Rose family and the priest.
    I would love to watch all these classics- Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, Poltergeist etc.
    -K

• Stealth453
  • nowisee
    nowisee

my father, who was an elder, was a movie buff and loved all kinds of movies. i remember as a kid going with him to see a number of "horror" flix like, "the house on the haunted hill", "horrors of the black museum",both with vincent price, "the crawling eye", etc. it set up in me the same love of movies....and i loved the terrifying ones almost the best. i saw "the exorcist" when i was pioneering with my husband with another pioneering couple. it was scary, but i remember most the nervous laughter throughout the audience after the scary scenes. (what kind of jws were we anyway??) i did think the book was better and scarier. the scariest movie/play of all to me was "the turn of the screw", on pbs one year -- later made into a movie with deborah kerr called "the innocents". shivers. fun. no demons.

• Scully
    Scully

LOL... It's funny that we're all on the same wavelength here. I've just found a cool video place that rents old flicks for 99ยข (if you rent 3, it's $3 for 3 nights total) and I'm going through their Stephen King collection. So far we've watched Carrie, Christine, Misery, and Firestarter. They're all quite tame by today's standards. We saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose on the movie network a couple of weeks ago. Unimpressive, really.

And no demon possession to speak of here either.

Ten years ago, you wouldn't have been able to get me to even think about seeing any of those movies.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Pet Cemetary. The book was about 10 scarier than the movie.

Fantasm. I can STILL see those fingers crawling across the floor. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit