I saw The Exorcist last night! ...and no demon problems yet!!! ;)

by Kudra 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yeah, what's with that catch-22 type deal? The demons don't bother ANYONE who's out of the truth ...buuuuut it's only to make them think that they're off scot-free... sooooooooo, go back to the meetings if you want the demons to bug ya...
    Those sneaky ol' JWs, they got their bases covered.
    -K

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Man, that was a friggin' cool movie! How about Carrie? That was a cool movie too!

The demonic stuff that I did was listen to demonized music. Lots of Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Poison, and the worst one of all: Blue Oyster Cult! I felt so badass listening to that stuff, and I actually hoped I would get demonized and do something cool like breathe fire at the meetings. Didn't work though.

"For those who did resign their souls to Transmaniacon MC!"

HELL YEAH!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Exorcist is one of my favorites. Try Rosemary's Baby next and (the original) Omen. Great flicks.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I know just what you mean. When you are raised a JW, you get to watch old re-runs like they were new. For instance, I was not allowed to watch: The Trilight Zone, The Outer Limits, My Favorite Martian, Lost In Space, Star Trek, Casper, and of course Bewitched and I Dream Of Genie. Then of course there was the movies, - The Shinning, Poltergiest, and many others.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Have you seen "The excorcism of Emily Rose"? Creepy, but after I watched it, I had no demon problems. Also, when I was kid, I was not allowed to ride the Demon at Great America (Six flags). I have ridden that ride for last 14 yrs and I had no demon problems. I have thought about the smurfs, and had no demon problems. I have watched several demonic movies and I have had no demon problems. But, I do believe they exist, they have not bothered me.

Nikki

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

My priest actully recommended The Exorcism of Emily Rose, he said that it was a great movie, now I saw that the day it opened, and I love all scary movies, I own most of them too, and as far as I know No Demon problems yet. and its been about 17 years since the first time I saw The Exorcist.

Funny note: my niece crazy JW that she is, Walked out during the Passion of Chirst, she said it was demonic.

• daystar
    daystar

Try:

A Tale of Two Sisters

Creeping Flesh

The Ninth Gate

Night of the Living Dead (1968, What a classic!)

The Wicker Man (Britt Ekland... yummy!)

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

The Changling

The Entity (Demon attacks galore! Based closely upon a true story, the woman it's based upon is still alive, lives in Texas, and to this day still attacked.)

• parakeet
    parakeet

Loved The Exorcist, the Omen, The Others, Rosemary's Baby, Turn of the Screw, The Witches of Eastwick, The Craft, and have watched them many times over the years. No demon problems yet.

• Kudra
    Kudra

ooo, Thanks for resurrecting this thread-
    I will work through all those movies when I get back to my house in the fall. I am too busy this summer- working til midnight every night...
    I DID see the Exorcism of Emily Rose (rented it along with The Exorcist) but was so dissapointed!!! I thought it would be creepier or something.
    I think the only movies that scare me are the ones that I believe could be real- like a serial killer stalking campers in the mountains, or something...
    There are some movies I won't see- like "seven" (my mom and sister saw it and described a few scenes- that was enough) that are so graphic and disturbing that I don't want on "replay" in my mind for weeks after the movie...
    I am interested in those "deeemun" movies cause they were such a no no all through my yute as a JW.
    -K

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think the only movies that scare me are the ones that I believe could be real- like a serial killer stalking campers in the mountains, or something...

You know that the Exorcism of Emily Rose is based on true events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit