Have I changed?

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 33 Replies latest jw friends

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

Yesterday my ex-boyfriend came into town, several months ago who moved away and we had to break off our relationship. The relationship was rocky; however, before he was going to move, so it was easy to let him go. We reconciled as he was away and we are good friends. Anyway, today he finally seen me. Prior to coming down he talked about how excited he was to see me, but he doesn't say that now. When we first met I invited him to come to the Kingdom hall (he accepted). This is our converstation we had yesterday (roughly):
    Me: You are going to love it at the KH
    him: yeah, I guess, I am going for you though, I don't really have any interest though. I am buddhist
    Me: Yeah, but this is such a different church. you are going to love
    Him: yeah ... a...
    (I go to my bedroom and come back with a pamphlet)
    Me: so here is the section of the WT we are reading and I think you are going to enjoy it.
    Him: that should be fun
    Me: You know I think it is so important to have a relationship with Jehovah and draw closer to him.
    Him: You know I am Buddhist.. how do you know this is true
    Me: Because it is God... it is in the bible
    Him: You know I don't like religious talks... I don't like people pushing their religion on me
    Me: oh you think I am trying to do that... I am sorry... I am not doing that... I am just trying to tell you about what I have learned .. the truth.
    Him: well I don't really like religious talk, because they always end in arguments
    Me: oh no of course not, if they do you are not talking to a true christian
    Him: Yeah, I know you just wanted to invite me to the KH just to go, I think.
    Me: of course, and if you like it maybe you can continue you to go... I thought when I first went that it was going to be my first time, but I was wrong
    Him. Yeah, well I am happy for you
    Me: You know, I just am so focused on religion now and getting closer to Jehovah.
    ---- It was a pretty long conversation on how I was changing. I think he is getting upset that I am resisting to hug him or get close. I didn't mention it, but he said "All you have been talking about is religion since I came down" -- I kinda feel bad, that he doesn't want to listen to me.
    I know he will go to the kingdom hall, but he wont convert I know. That is not the plan of course... I just want him to see what the KH is like. WHAT would you think about me if you were him?

• carla
    carla

If I was him? I would think you only care about trying to convert me.

"All you have been talking about is religion since I came down--So basically you showed no interest in his life and used the time to preach at him.

You know I think it is so important to have a relationship with Jehovah and draw closer to him. --Are you really doing that? or are you getting closer to your teacher and a publishing company that claims God is leading it?

You still have not done your homework because it is easier not to. You don't want to hear about all the human wreckage left in the wake of the wt because it 'makes you sad'. It should make you angry. Angry that you are being duped by someone who calls themself a friend. It should make you angry to see the break up of all the families, the children raped and the rapes covered up, the rapist put in positions of authority instead of jail, the children who die upon the altar of the wt due to the blood issue, the suicides and on and on. It should make you angry that you will be expected to spread false doctrines and prophecies and use God's name to do it.

If I was your ex boyfriend I would think you got involved with a cult because you were unable to speak of anything else and keep calling it 'truth'. Even non Christians know that Christians look to Jesus as the 'truth, the way, and the life'. Not an organization made of infallible men.

You will be held accountable someday, and you will not be able to pass off blame on to the society. You need to do your homework.

• KW13
    KW13

Sad.

Honestly, i don't think you understand the depth of this situation. Your confused about your decision, the Watchtower are a cult. You might not like it, you can hide or not read this bit but its true.

If your not sure, is it right to try get someone else into this as well? What if he joined just for you now? Maybe this what you want?

You have to think about these things.

- http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/111819/1.ashx - This is my story, i don't think the Society helped provide a spiritual enviroment, and guess what? There are a lot of people here who also had their lives wrecked BY IT not because they left.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Sorry,but im glad for him that he is your EX-boyfriend.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I-follow-the-narrow-path,

You are confusing a relationship with Jehovah with that of a relationship with an organization. A relationship with God is one-on-one. There is no middle man. When you stand before God you stand as an individual, not a group. You will not be able to hide behind the skirts of the watchtower. God is not impressed by what you know...or what you think you know. The organization cannot give you a relationship with God, nor can they take it away.

Pushing the watchtower's version of "truth" down someone's throat is not "spreading the good news". If I was your boyfriend I'd tell you that you are in a cult....and then I'd run for my life.

You have no idea what you have become involved with. It is a fraud. It is a false prophet. It is a business pretending to be a religion, and destroying countless lives in the process.

Research this organization before you surrender your life to an organization that will eat you alive. I was in it for 38 years before I realized that I had wasted all those years.... Don't make the same mistake.

Coffee

• KW13
    KW13

Elizabeth, do me a favor. Your parents have been around a long time, put stuff to them hypothetically. (someone else suggested this first).

For example, is a court case one sided? You hear both sides of the story and THEN make a decision.

Good luck

• rebel8
    rebel8
    how do you know this is true

Me: Because it is God... it is in the bible

That is a very good question. Research at your local library to see if you can verify the JWs' interpretation of the Bible. When they give you secular references to support their beliefs, go to the library & look up those references to see if they were quoted correctly. Here's 20 that were knowingly misconstrued to pretend secular sources support their teachings: http://jwinfo.8m.com/misquotes.htm

Secondly, do you realize that the JWs claim that the Holy Spirit has always been leading them, and that's why only they have the truth? That's a big claim. Let's see if it stands up. The Holy Spirit is infallible, right? So then how can you explain the many mistakes the Holy Spirit supposedly made? Here they are, but please look them up for yourself. Don't take my word for it. (MS Word downloads) Brochure: Bizarre Medical Myths--Believe it or not! ; Brochure: Do Origins Matter? ; Brochure: The Watchtower-United Nations Scandal--Why is it important? ; Brochure: Are JWs Loving? ; Brochure: Are JWs Rational?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am just trying to tell you about what I have learned .. the truth.

You have been deceived and you let it happen.

From the tone of your posts, you have already been directed to your mediator and savior by your Study Conductor and it is not Jesus.

On the contrary, your mediator and savior is the Watchtower's "Faithful Discreet Slave" who is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are a false mediator and a counterfeit savior.

The Bible identifies the only real mediator and Savior:

On the last and most important day of the festival, Jesus stood up and cried out, If anyone is thirsty, he should come to Me and drink! The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, will have streams of living water flow from deep within him.” He said this about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were going to receive, for the Spirit had not yet been received, because Jesus had not yet been glorified. John 7:37-39

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with all the replies so far but want to add one more thing. Now that I am out of the Org. I realize how arrogant I was when in thinking that WE alone were the only ones who knew God or worshipped him properly. I am utterly ashamed of ever having that view. What I knew was not even God, or Jesus, or the bible it was Watchtower doctrine. And there is a big difference. Since leaving I have met many many Chrisitans who know their bibles very well.

As far as the term "true Christians" you should be careful how you use that term. We are not supposed to judge others and their relationship with God. Because the bible does say "with the measure you are judging, you will be judged". You cannot read anyones heart and therefore cannot call them True or False Christians.

• anewme
    anewme

You are being attracted to this org for the same reasons many of us did originally.

Promise of paradise and Gods love.

Promise of a spiritual family and Christian association.

Problem is, you later find out it isnt what you hoped for and it is very hard to leave gracefully.

Just keep your thinking cap on and listen carefully to what is being said and ask yourself if this is cult stuff or is this really what God wants?

You must choose.

Best wishes Narrow,

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit