Have I changed?

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I totally agree with Nosferatu, and Genesis.

You are looking for something to give meaning to your life JWism isn't the path.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hey hunny, we dont want to be hard on you, you are only 17.

You know what they say, "hire a teenager while they still know everything!"

Thing is all teenagers are like that when they think they have found something. They think no-one else has discovered it. Trouble is, everyone has heard it all before and 100 different variations too. Its like listening to a toddler who has just dicovered that the sound 'DOG' relates to the hairy woofy thing, and he cant stop pointing to it and saying 'DOG' 'DOG'.

Be enthusiastic, thats what we love young people for, but dont be dogmatic (ohhh - little joke there!). Preface the things you say with 'in my opinion' or 'according to what I believe'. Because just because you believe it with passion doesnt mean its right. Lots of people believe exactly the opposite with just as much passion.

If you make it clear its your opinion, you wont offend too many people. Very few things have been proved as actual provable fact. and if you are going to talk about things as if they are accepted fact you need solid unshakeable evidence to back it up.

• vitty
    vitty

Hey Elizabeth, you are not listening to a damn thing anyone is saying here, thats disagrees with your new found beliefs.

Youve been given loads of advice and have ignored it all. I say you are already trapped and you WANT to be.

I have teenagers and if Kw13 hadnt actually spoken to you id think you where yanking our chain. I mean what do you want from us ?

I cant make my mind up about you, sorry

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

Well... I think-:)- that this site is really good for me. Besides, who said
    I had to make any decision right now about JWs. I mean, I want some time to decide what the rest of my life is going to be like.
    well, I believe that is murder and you are rightI should have said it a better way :(
    No wonder people don't like talking to me at school... no one ever says these things to me- how I talk to people. - Thanks it is nice to know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit