Do we trade one arrogant "I am right" for another "I am right" attitude?

by free2beme 27 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

When I was a Witness, I was very arrogant in my life in thinking I was right in all things. The right religion, the right bible, the right understanding and the right lifestyle. When I left, it was not hard to shake this arrogance and I found at times I was the same person, only with a different "right" message and I annoyed my Witness relatives as much as they annoying me. As even though we both felt more right then the other, we were to damn arrogant to ever listen to anything we already knew we were right about. As I grew as a person more, and learned this life is often more full of wrong knowledge, then right. I find that I am way less arrogant about how right I may or may not think I am. I think at this point in my life, that I am doing just fine in this life and willing to always learn, but I am not right and I do not think anyone really is? The more right people are, the more I see them as wrong and the more I want to be less like them. So in some weird way, I seem to get along better with people now, both the Witnesses and the non Witnesses and yet I am in a lifestyle that is seen as more wrong then any other, because of prejudice thinking in most religion. Yet I am okay with that! I guess the Witness religion did one thing, it helped me to truly develop a new personality, and that seems like the right one for right now?

So, are you arrogant and right in your beliefs?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    As I grew as a person more, and learned this life is often more full of wrong knowledge, then right.

Ain't that the truth. I thought I knew so much more as a jw then I do as a regular person now but I am much much more content with myself. I appreciate all the knowledge others bring to the table but try to always keep an open mind, even if it seems rock solid. There's always room for a crack.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Free2beme,

You are completely wrong! Only I am right so shut up!

Pope

• LDH
    LDH
    So, are you arrogant and right in your beliefs?

Only insomuch as saying my beliefs are right for ME.

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

huh?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

You are all wrong again. I am right.

Praise W-A-C you infidels!!!!

• osmosis
    osmosis

What I'd like to know, is how many of you ex (and current) arrogants thought other people were the arrogant ones.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I thought Mormons were

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think I am right in thinking that no one is right, or maybe everyone is right except for those that think only they are right.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I agree JWfacts, except for the part about you being right.

seriously though, I've always felt that no one is right, we really don't have all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit