Interesting thought on the importance of the name Jehovah.

by PaNiCAtTaCk 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• helppls
    helppls

The question rises: who lost this correct pronunciation? --PaNiC

I really won't be surpised if they answered: Satan caused the correct pronunciation of God's name to be lost! Which is really frustrating because --how do you disprove such foolishness???

• evergreen
    evergreen

"Later I thought do you want your children calling you by your name or do you want them to say dad or mom or father or mother."

I thought moomanchus point was quite interesting. Think about all the times jesus prayed to God. He always refered to him as "Father" (John chapter 17, Matthew chapter 6, His prayers in the garden of gethsemane). He always spoke about his "Father". Just as a child would refer to his own Father as Dad, papa, Father such was the closeness of their relationship.

Jesus is our example to follow. Shouldn't we also be praying in the same way, when speaking directly to him (jehovah / yahweh) as "Father" which would show a deep reverence toward him in that we are his children. This would make sense considering the fact that we dont exactly know what his proper name is.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

In the Kindom Interlinear Translation, can anyone tell me the Greek word used in the spots where The Watchtower has inserted Jehovah?

• aniron
    aniron

If I remember rightly its "Kurios" meaning "Lord"

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Check out this link:

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/hiding.html

Fred Franz did not in all cases restore the Divine Name in the NWT based upon Hebrew translations the NT that contained it.

VG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit