Hello all; helping those in the org

by stapler99 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a great insightful post by someone who is still a teenager. The God of the JWs is hardly one to be loved and be dedicated to, you did the right thing by not getting involved any deeper in this manipulative and deceitful organisation.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    And then there is nostalgia; a sadness, but the sort a soldier may feel at the end of a war, when he is hanging up his gun and his military uniform. Emotional attachment is possible to even misery and death

When you've understood this, you know that nothing will ever be simple.

Welcome East of Eden, stapler99.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow and welcome stapler! I wish I'd been as brave as you when I was a teenager. Congratulations on having such insight, and thanks for bringing it here. Take care of yourself love.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Ditto, and welcome to JWD, Stapler99,(unusal name) . I enjoy your comments and courage to get out of the organization. It was good that you were not baptized, you won't have the heartache that goes along with disfellowshipping.

Often my husband and I talk about the JWs. He was not a JW and i was for 38yrs and fourth generation. He told me several times over that last several years that being a JW was like living in a cocoon. He told me I ha d no concept of life outside of the JW world. He helped me get out of that cocoon and taught me things about life that I was very naive of. I will always be grateful that he did that for me. I have always considered myself a freeminded person but in reality you can't have that with in the Organizaiton. No liberal thinking is allowed. I was so glad when I finally had the guts to get up and say this is enough.

For several years I fought with my consciense to get up and leave and it was a battle I would never like to have to go through again. Had I the courage at your age to do it I would have never had the heartache I did over all the years of trying to stay a strong witness. I guess one day it dawned on me, why am I wasting away to nothing. I have half my live gone now and I planned on making the other half of my lifle that best it can be.

So congratulations on being aware at such as young age you need not be suppressed anymore, by the scheming WTS.

Wishing you well and yes a fellow posters have suggested there is some mighty fine reading you can do to get you on an even keel without all that guilt that is heaped upon one in that organization.

Blessing and peace

Orangefatcat

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Welcome here and nice first post! Seems to me your mind is well able to think and reason, something a lot of us have struggled with. Wish you well on your journey

CS 101

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hi, and welcome, Stapler 99. Good post.

You are among friends here. Enjoy the company of a free people in free assembly.

Cheers

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi stapler and welcome to the forum. I am glad to see you here.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Stapler99,

You described the situation of so many JWs and why they don't see the real reason they are there. I was in for forty years from birth. Finally got fed up with all the responsibility and faded. This statement is so true:

And then there is nostalgia; a sadness

I remember my family and friends I had as a young JW very often and have this nostalgia, no so much the beliefs but the friendships and good times I had with them, mainly because it was my youth and I miss being young. Enjoy your life everyday you can.

Welcome and I look forward to your post.

Ken P.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hi Stapler and welcome to JWD!

That was a very erudite and insightful post. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit