How old were you when you were baptized?

by moomanchu 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Just turned 14. Don't remember the date. Some time around 1991 I guess.

• crazies
    crazies

13--because my friend was getting baptized so I thought it was a good time. Now thats a good reason!

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I was 12. It was a great experience.

blessedstar

• happehanna
    happehanna

14 what on earth was I thinking ..................... was in over thirty years

I only became a free thinking adult at the age of 44 when I finally left

• unique1
    unique1

All of 13. I can't believe most of you were 17 and older. Everyone I know was baptized younger than 16.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Jesus waited till he was 30 why don't people imitate this?

• south african beef
    south african beef

I can't agree with Moomanchu more - as 'true' christians don't they understand that it was for a good reason that Jesus waited until he was 30 to get baptised and he was perfect!

What hope does a teenager have of really understanding what they are doing and what consequences their decision will bring?

I did two things in life too early - getting baptised (18years old) and getting married (at 21).

I got divorced and remarried in my early forties and am also disfellowshipped.

As my dad once said - I learn the hard way!

Still, least I'm happy now, but if I knew what I know now when I was youg I would have had many more happier years to add to the ones I'm having now.

• Ray
    Ray

I have seen the Watchtower (or awake) maz. that six year old had been baptized in central or south america.

• flag
    flag

few days after I turned 17.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

I was saved from destruction at 11...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit