SUMMER DISTRICT CONVENTION THREAD

by DannyHaszard 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

All sessions are open to the public. There are no admission fees and no collections are taken, according to the organizers.

But I bet the "donation arrangement" gets a mention every day.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Someone has to sneak a video camera into one of these!

• Ariel84
    Ariel84
    "Young People, Remember, Now, Your Grand Creator

This has to be a repeat. I know I've heard this talk like a hundred times

• blondie
  • VM44
    VM44
    Participants are serious students of the Bible Watchtower Publications.

--VM44

• rebel8
    rebel8

If anyone wants to give me a template letter to the editor (for newspapers in convention towns) again this yr, I will put it up on my site for downloading.... www.jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    As in other Christian religions, Jesus is central to their future and their worship.

Well, in the list of talks to be given this was the only reference to Jesus, and then it is to only "briefly" discuss the topic.

May 28: The morning symposium is "The Kingdom of the Heavens is Like …" Four talks briefly discuss some of Jesus' parables.

What a load of crap!

BB

• juni
    juni

I was starting to feel better after having some flu(?) bug the past few days. Now after reading this my ass hurts, I have a headache, and I feel like puking again.

Juni

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I am SO glad to be out of this cult! I cannot believe they have the nerve to say the things they do. "Family oriented" and "pro-education"??? I knew 3 JW's who had a college degree out of hundreds. Care for the family? My wife left me because I objected to the WT's handling of my daughter's rape at the age of nine. Pro-education? I had three years toward a teaching degree and when I became a JW and wanted to go back after a 5 year break to finish the degree, they told me I wouldn't have any privileges or would be pleasing Jehovah if I did. So I didn't, and my wife bitterly resented having to work also all those years because I couldn't get a "real" job. Now she's gone, along with my daughter, and I'm the biggest apostate in two states.

Sunnygal, you smell a twist coming. I smell something else. I hope I don't step in it.

Elsewhere, I loved your point about "technically accurate but misleading". I wonder who invented THAT concept??!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Virgochik, I saw the same thing in every congregation I ever visited. Hey, WT, can you spell "hypocrisy"??

Fullofdoubtnow, they will not only mention the donation arrangement, but there will be those tall cardboard boxes at every entrance.

Juni, I feel like puking as well. I better not eat today.

Finally, to Danny: Thanks again for all your hard work. You probably don't remember me, but you emailed me some info years ago. I've read your story and I applaud your efforts. Let's all hope that Silent Lambs can get up and running again. Then I can continue my work.

• DannyHaszard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit