SUMMER DISTRICT CONVENTION THREAD

by DannyHaszard 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dansk
    Dansk
    " Deliverance at Hand"

What? Again!!

I think many a JW will be tired of hearing that one! The only problem is, will they do anything about it!

Ian

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

94 news links up for Jehovah's Witnesses conventions http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah+convention mark @ July 2 2006

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses ready for round two comment box Henderson Gleaner, KY - 5 hours ago
    Tri-State Jehovah's Witnesses said the first weekend of their convention was successful and now are gearing up for the second round that will begin 9:30 am ...

• LDH
    LDH

I'll see some of you in Bakersfield CA on Friday!

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

I'm going on friday, wish me luck!!!! cant wait to be shunned by 18000 people!!

ill have to recover on saturday with a few beers at englishmans!!!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

9,000 Jehovah's Witnesses to attend gathering Give my comment a thumbs up vote and register to comment yourself Arizona Daily Star, AZ - 2 hours ago
    Deliverance from the world as we know it will be the focus of an annual regional convention of Jehovah's Witnesses that's expected to attract 9,000 people to ... [email protected] reporter

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Don't forget if you going by any contribution boxes

Watchtower Money for protest and awareness

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Jehovah's Witnesses gather in Bismarck EASY COMMENT BOX
    Bismarck Tribune, USA - 49 minutes ago
    ... Center arena. The songs give pause to lessons and speeches at the 2006-07 District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. The three-day ...

[email protected] reporter

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Let's all hope that Silent Lambs can get up and running again. Then I can continue my work.

Off topic but what happend to Silent Lambs?? A link will suffice

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Thousands witness rite of baptism comment box
    Bendigo Advertiser, Australia - 1 hour ago
    THOUSANDS of people gathered in Bendigo at the weekend for the Jehovah's Witnesses' annual convention. It is the sixth time the ... THOUSANDS of people gathered in Bendigo at the weekend for the Jehovah's Witnesses' annual convention. It is the sixth time the convention has been held in Bendigo and this year's had one of the biggest attendances yet, with 3258 attending yesterday morning. Followers came from Mildura, Broken Hill and Ballarat and as far away as Sydney and Adelaide for the event, which provided an opportunity for them to reaffirm their faith and to welcome a new group of baptised Witnesses. Ten members were baptised on Saturday. Immersed in a pool of water and emerging as a baptised Jehovah's Witness. David Ruddick, a 19-year-old member from Bendigo, was very proud to have taken part in the rite. '‘It was a very enjoyable experience," he said. ‘‘I was raised in the truth, but probably in the past 12 months I've been putting in a big effort. ‘‘That means going out on the preaching route more, and studying more. I want to do Jehovah's will for the rest of my life." Children as young as 12 can be baptised, providing they understand their faith. The candidates lined up in T-shirts and shorts with towel in hand, in front of a small pool. With 3000 people watching, one by one they sat inside the pool. Then an attendant supported them as they lay back, completely submerged. Baptisms are usually only conducted at such conventions. Jehovah's Witness spokesperson Peter Verrion said he hadn't seen so many people attend a regional convention before. ‘‘The first one we had here in Bendigo in 2000, we had about 1900 people, but it's been growing," he said. ‘‘This one is the biggest we've had. I think, in general, congregations are getting bigger because of the preaching work. ‘‘We invite people to share in the Bible with us, and study the Bible with us. ‘‘We now have 6.5 million Jehovah's Witnesses around the world. In Bendigo there are 400 baptised Witnesses, but there are more people attending." In the next two months, 23 regional conventions will be held in Australia. Would you like to comment on this article? click article link above for prompt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit