Sorry,

by Country_Woman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Lisa, no I did'nt recognize them: they were both from another cong (which I should belong to - but which I never visited)

Gumby: actually one of the elders of this cong is an old acquaintance (and the one who dunked me) he and his wife were visiting me last week, and having coffee (in ordinary mugs) he is delivering each time the Awake and Watchtower. My daughter wants the magazins for her graduation on "American 19th decennia sects"

.but I'm not sure that you Branda, was ever a "known apostate".

and no, as far as I know, I only did fade.... cos I still have friends whom I want to be able to talk too.

My daughter Viv - who used to live at my place (while I was living at my mom's place for 10 years) however IS disfellowshipped.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You got over an irritation, you don't have to deal with JWs calling at your door. They are foolish enough to think that they were sent out to separate the sheep from the goat and that anyone that heard enough has had his/her opportunity already.

• bem
    bem

My son who is Df'd had jw's call at his door and when he told them he was df'd one of them just turned around and walked back to the car B. said he felt kinda sorry for the guy he left standing at the door alone, The man was nice and encouraged B. to reconsider time is short etc. etc. But B. said what made him angry was the one that walked away he said that man doesn't even know me and he didn't even attempt to talk to me!

I been thinking about what happened to B. he was once very active and is still a hard working, good man, they will go into prisons talk to known felons, and harbor pedophiles but not talk to a man they don't know when he honestly tells them he's df'd . messed up IMO

• Panda
    Panda

CW, The Jws have reached new levels of rudness. I guess that's what happens when they are taught that they will be saved and no one else will. RUDE!!!

BTW have you seen the Dutch film "Submission"? Based on the experiences and book by Ayaan Hirsi Ali The Caged Virgin.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I not only saw it, I have it... Ayaan Hirsi Ali is leaving Dutch politics (she misled the government when she opted for asylum in the Netherlands, lied about her age and her wedding - as a result, her passport is probably no longer valid.) I read that she is going to the USA to be part of some intelligence-group (don't know the exact term for it in English)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Apparently I am disfellowshipped or something like that......

I would call one of the elders in your congregation and ask! (then of course post what he says on here)

• carla
    carla

I had some Mormon's ring before they noticed the sign, they stayed to say sorry. Then they asked me if I 'needed help with anything today'! I almost was ready to put them to work mopping or raking! But they were so cute and nice I just said no thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit