Please explain: Guilt for not having a submissive wife

by serendipity 40 Replies latest social relationships

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

serendipity

It's the end result of Boozer Rutherfords edict. Be submissive or else. Example: Having to put a hat, sock, or napkin on your head if you pray in the presence of baptized men.

Darn it! Scully you gotta get those 6 years olds under control.

Dismembered

• carla
    carla

What about those with ubm's? Couldn't it go either way? - "look how spiritual brother whacko is, he has to put up with that unbelieving wife!' or 'he can't even get his wife to the kh and he wants to be a ms!"

Would it matter who your friends are in the kh? What if they were mostly higher ups?

(ugh, that must mean I'm brother brown-nosers wife!)

• luna2
    luna2

I don't know carla...the way things have been going in some of the congregations (where there aren't enough MS's) your's might be able to get appointed. I'm trying to remember back if there was anybody appointed who had a ubm. Maybe? I'm thinking of one guy in IL who I think I saw trotting around the meetings with a mic. Hmmm, could be.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I replied that "We researched the Publications™ before we did it, and our understanding was that it was our decision, not yours. Should we have asked your permission to get our son circumcised too?" Of course, my tone of voice rang true to my inner Jezebel™... anything but Submissive™. Sister DO was shocked that I would speak to her Grand Poobah husband with such disrespect. I countered that he had no business criticizing us the way he had been doing all morning and that he was behaving like a very ill-mannered guest and that he'd worn out his welcome as far as I was concerned. Scully

Scully, you are too

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Scully I read your post and went away without a response but it is making me so angry.

He does nothing but criticize you and then tells you to make your son hold it longer. OMG Not only do they want your time and your life devoted to them now they want bodily functions too.

Makes me wonder what kind of a witness it gives when the child wets his pants on someone's doorstep because kingdom interests come first

Your avatar really does suit you perfectly

• Scully
    Scully
    what kind of a witness it gives when the child wets his pants on someone's doorstep

That's precisely what I told the DO when he balked about taking a break. I also said that if he was going to insist on staying in the territory, that we could leave him and his wife there and have someone else pick him up later. His other option was to explain to the householder why it was so important to publicly humiliate a 6 year old for not being able to "hold it" for 2 hours. They came to the coffee shop with us, so I'm guessing they realized we had a point.

Believe me, Lee, I was furious with him over the way he treated us that morning. And I made Mr Scully tell our Book Study Overseer that we were not available to host any CO or DO again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'd say 95 percent of JW wives were not model submissives. They were just good actresses at the KH.

I have said many times, the man in lead, woman in subjection formula was supposed to promote family harmony and happiness. All it did was cause mates to resent each other when their mate didn't live up to the model. How often did I see pinched, unhappy faces during lessons on marriage and family? And on almost every married adult face at the particular study.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

What silly prick would want a submissive wife - it's stupid (bedroom games between consenting adults exempt). Women are generally much better equiped to organize a home and family than a man.

ub

ps: scully rox!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How many of us families ended up in financial ruin because our husbands bought vehicles, lawn mowers, other expensive technology, etc. that we could not afford? And when we objected they pulled the headship card out. And how many of us had indecisive husbands that forced us to make a lot of the decisions? Then they'd turn around and say we were lording it over them. I am so glad to be out of that JW marriage. Him? He's still single. Why? Because women don't cotton to listening to his diatribe about his unsubmissive wife and kids and how we ruined his life.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Wow scully, If only more people had stood up to those jerks like you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit